Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i think space marines look like a good army for me, they have cool guys, vehicles, and other stuff. but i dont know if theyre good, are they? and another question, there are space wolves, blood angels, and some others, that are considered as space marines, could i have space wolves and blood angels since theyre bolth space marines?
please reply,
Lloomoo^_^

· Registered
970 Posts
Allow me to answer your questions.

Firstly, yes, space marines are a good army. In fact there is no army that can be considered "bad".

As for your second question, no, you can't combine blood angels and space wolves in a single army.

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thx

cool, thanks^_^ . that was a better reply then mug-mugs. but can you mix black templars and just regular space marines? or are the black templars on their own also?:|
please reply
lloomoo:sleep:

· Registered
970 Posts
Black Templars, Blood Angels, Dark Angels, and space wolves all have their own codexes. So they can't be in same army with each other, or with normal space marines.

If you wanted to you could make your own codex chapter and use 2 different colour schemes and traits to get the feel of having those 2 armies in one. But you can't use their official rules.

· Registered
171 Posts
Ok....First a little background of the SM (space marines)

They form the unyielding fist of the Emperor, brutally crushing all who threaten his vast realm. The mere mention of their name elicits awe and reverence within the Imperium, while the same name draws cries of despair and fear among the many enemies of Man. They are the Space Marines, and there are few warriors in the galaxy that can match them.

Through a torturous regimen of organ replacement, genetic modification, psycho-chemical conditioning, and rigorous physical training that would kill a normal human, a Space Marine becomes superhuman. He can fight without sleep or food for weeks. He can digest poisons. He can breathe toxic gases. He can heal from grievous injury.

On top of his impressive physical powers, a Space Marine has access to some of the most devastating weaponry in the Imperium. From orbital strikes to lascannons to the trusty bolter, a single Space Marine can obliterate an entire city block. He is further blessed with Land Raiders, Razorbacks, and the hardy Rhino to transport him across the battlefield. Lastly, the process that made him superhuman also enables a Space Marine to wear his trademark power armor – a suit of ceramite that protects him from many weapons.

Ultimately, however, the true power of a Space Marine lies in his unwavering faith in the Emperor. He is the divine Master of Mankind, chosen by the Gods and worshipped for 100 centuries while he sits entombed in the Golden Throne. The Space Marines consider themselves particularly blessed because part of the gene-seed embedded in their enhanced bodies is from the Emperor’s flesh. They truly are the physical manifestation of his will.

ok so space marines are pretty much the "allrounder" army good tactical good speed allmost good everything. A allright choice for begginers.

And no you can mix "chapters" together

(thanks to warhammer website for "background of SM)

EDIT: awwwwww Xiahou Dun beat me to the reply:(

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
dark angels

out of all space marines im gonna get dark angels (i made a whole other forum post on choosing which out of the space marines to get:| ). theyre cool looking. which space marines did you get alec?
please reply
lloomoo:sleep:

1,050 Posts
I would first test a bit with traits because pre-made chapters need a style of play thay might not fit yours.
e.g. black templar are an army that hurls themselfs in CC while the dark angels like to stay back and shoot there enemy to death.

The traits allow you to make a chapter with different styles of play. If you change traits from time to time and then find out what fitts you best. select an pre-made chapter then.

· Registered
438 Posts
Ugggg nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo dont play the wussy dark angles. Play the mighty SPACE WOLVES they are gw fav. sm chapter fluff wise and they are the coolest looking minis by far. Also they can do both shoot and fight in cc. They are a great army and fun if you know how to play

· Registered
90 Posts
Hey

The man chose that is what he wants right know, heck later on he might want to convert to space wolves ,heck he might play friggin iron warriors or sumpthin give him time.:yes:

· Registered
1,243 Posts
DONT DO MARINES!

They are the most over-played, boring, uniformed and lame do-gooders.. EVER. Everyone plays as them, go to your local hobby shop that has warhammer 40k being played by more than 8 people, and i can almost guarantee (unless its an odd exception to the statistics) that at least 30-40% will be space marines, and another 20-30% will be chaos. Be original, go with something more difficult, creative and fun.

· Registered
53 Posts
Bruiser117 said:
DONT DO MARINES!

They are the most over-played, boring, uniformed and lame do-gooders.. EVER. Everyone plays as them, go to your local hobby shop that has warhammer 40k being played by more than 8 people, and i can almost guarantee (unless its an odd exception to the statistics) that at least 30-40% will be space marines, and another 20-30% will be chaos. Be original, go with something more difficult, creative and fun.
dont be a hata

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.