Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Professional Lurker
2,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does the iron halo take up your belt of russ spot?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Space Wolf armies cannot take the Iron Halo. The Belt of Russ replaces it in the army list. It is also identical in every single respect, i.e. only 1 per army, same save throw, same points cost, etc.

·
Professional Lurker
2,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i want an emp champ in my wolf army

·
Registered
60 Posts
you cant have an iron halo in your space wolves army unless you use it on a scout
you cant take upgrades from other army unless the options state that you can and the only one that say you can is the wolf scouts so theres your answer.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
There's no need to shout.

Wolf Scouts can NOT take an iron halo. One squad may take the weapon options available to SM Scouts as listed in the SM codex. They do not get to upgrade to a veteran sergeant (no such thing for Wolf Scouts) and do not get access to the SM armory, where the iron halo is located.

·
Professional Lurker
2,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
this isnt helping so ive decided that the champs halo doesnt count as the belt of russ because they have different names and the codex says that theyre only identical in game terms

·
Keeper of Records and Ale
10,982 Posts
I think that because it's the Emperor's Champion it will count as a Iron Halo. I mean the EC can be used by any SM chapter and you can't change his equipment, so I would have thought that it's still a Iron Halo.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Its definitely an Iron Halo. But if you have the Iron Halo on the EC, can you still take the Belt of Russ on one of the Space Wolves? Other armies may not take another Iron Halo on one of their HQs if they have the EC. But so far I have been unable to find any specific ruling on the Belt in combination with the Halo. My guess would be that you can't, but assuming anything about GW rules is a dangerous path.

·
Registered
7 Posts
the way i see it, it goes two ways.
1-no EC for you space wolves, since you've no iron halos
2-since they don't have iron halos they give him a belt of russ. You're not going to send the Emperor's Champ out into the world with out his 4+? Are you? That'd ***** off the big guy.

·
Professional Lurker
2,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i think you can because you can only have 1 wolf priest (chaplain/apothecary)

·
Registered
959 Posts
the belt of russ counts as a iron halo, just has a different name so seeing as their is only one of these allowed in an army then the EC has to have it.

·
Registered
213 Posts
what about the wolf helm of russ? in the summary it says it gives a 4+ invunerable also. so can you take both? or was this a typo covered in a faq session that i missed?

·
Registered
717 Posts
Well the defintions conflict, in the back it says it gives a 4+ invulnerable, in the front it says its a holy relic.

·
Professional Lurker
2,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
in nearly every case it says trust the army list so treat it as a holy relic

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.