Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys i want to start my space wolve army again and theme it properly this time and i was wondering if anyone could help me with names and fluff stories because i have never been able to realy get my hands on stories of 40k and the histories if anyone could contribute to this i would be very thankfull

·
846 Posts
Alright, well I'm willing to help in any way possible, just start shooting out general ideas and I'll gladly help you refine them. I haven't played my wolves in a while but I still remember all the fluff and should be able to help you out.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I know quite a bit about the current wolf (how they look what they've done) so you can shoot things about wolf lords past me. I know a bunch of other fluff as well but i don't know what parts of it will contribute to much.

·
Registered
867 Posts
I’m at work with nothing much to do and you’re asking such a broad question, irresistibly inviting a bit of my trademark verbose rambling. This is my disclaimer, I refuse all responsibility for the length of the following post. ;)

Space Wolves are easy to write fluffy in that they’re basically just Vikings in space. Well, werewolf Vikings, which is actually not as ridiculous as it sounds, since the European werewolf myths actually stem from ancient Norse belief that mighty warriors could take the shape of wolves and bears in battle. Anything you know about Vikings or ancient Norse mythology would fit them perfectly.

Space Wolves are plagued by the Curse of the Wulfen; when young recruits undergo the transformation from ordinary human beings to superhuman Marines, the geneseed implanted in them enhances the feral aspect of their physiology and psychology, and unless they can learn to tame the beast within, their bodies will be deformed into brutish hulking wolf-men, Wulfen, losing all higher cognition and reducing them to little more than animals. Even when the initiates manage to defeat the Wulfen within and remain men, they still possess an unmatched ferocity in battle and are sometimes overwhelmed by their own bloodlust, charging at the enemy howling and frothing with no semblance of order or strategy, taking opponents apart with their bare hands. Young Blood Claws are most likely to go berserk in battle; with age and experience come greater restraint, and while Space Wolves laud great warriors they also understand the importance of cunning, respecting a shrewdly made battle-plan as much as a heroic charge.

When they’re not at war, Space Wolves indulge in their second favourite activities after battling, which is eating and drinking. Space Wolves are renowned for their great feasts and drinking contests – it’s worth noting that Space Marines are the only Marines known to ever get drunk; special organs implanted in Marines usually neutralise all poisons, including alcohol, but Space Wolves have found a method to circumvent this unfortunate side effect (either by adding some secret ingredient to their brew or by simply drinking until even their superhuman physiques can’t keep up) and will engage anyone willing to drinking contests – Leman Russ once challenged the Emperor to an eating and drinking contest to prove his might and won! Ordinary human beings should be careful lest they actually end up dead from alcohol poisoning when drinking with Space Wolves. In the Black Library novel ‘Wolfblade’ by William King, the main character Ragnar visits Terra and goes on a pub crawl with his companions, inevitably starting a brawl and ending up running from the Arbites. The Space Wolves are usually one of the most easy-going Marine Chapters and not known for any great solemnity, rather the opposite.

However, honour is also very important to Space Wolves, and they will always challenge someone slighting them – a well-known feud exists between the Space Wolves and the Dark Angels to this day because Lion El’Jonson once offended Leman Russ by killing an enemy Russ had sworn upon his honour to defeat in single combat. On the other hand, honour a Space Wolf and he will be your friend for life; a navigator of House Belisarius once befriended Leman Russ and in return the Space Wolves have since provided Marines for a personal bodyguard for that House’s Celestarch, the Wolfblade.

The above are the most important fluff features of the Space Wolves, what really distinguish them from other Chapters. As for names, a list of Norse/Viking names can be found [here]. And now I’ve got rounds to do, so I’ll be off again. Post your fluff ideas here and we’ll give them a review for you if you like! ;)

~Greph.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, thx to you all so far i have come up with a name for my wolf lord "wolf lord vidar" plz tell me what you think of his name(tell the truth) and plz any suggestions how should i creat him and make him stand out. also i still havent come up with a name for the army i know i want a an army mostly made of bloodclaws and scouts but i havent thought of a name so any suggestions on that to will be appreciated. now with the fluff i was wondering if anyone knows of a good date to for the army to have been brought together or created, i also need some ideas on what you guys have based your army's around to sought of get a picture in my head of how to build a background story.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Try norse mythology for more names. when creating him try the white scar commander torso n spear with running legs of a assault marine to show him running in with the blood claws. Just an idea but you will need to remove the headd off the torso ideally and use a more space wolf head imo. Hope you like the idea

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.