[6] Grey Hunters
+2 Power Fists
+Meltagun
=142 Points

750 Points

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
If your gonna have tac sqauds with powerfists then they arent meant for assult. so they need to be atleast 8 man squads. (prefereably 10man)
i would drop one of the 3 tactical squads and use the points to boost the other 2 squads upto 10man and if you have enough point left, give them a drop pod or rhino.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I say keep this list the way it is. In my opinion, it's gorgeous!
I wouldn't change a thing, although larger Grey Hunters packs would be a significantly better bas for your army; It would be nice if you could add maybe just one extra GH in each of those squads. But since each squad has a Wolf guard unit, it would make the squad seven man strong.

Again, Good luck!
HPA

·
Registered
238 Posts
Elite: Wolf Guard
[3] Wolf Guard
+Frostblade
+Bolt Pistol
(One attached to each Grey Hunter Pack)
=153 Points
I dont think wolf guard can have frost blades, only IC's can. Give them a power weapon and wolf tooth necklace instead

Plasma Rifle
I do believe you mean plasma gun ;)

Other than that a very hard 750 point list

·
948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, I noticed that after I made the list. However, I'm not quite sure what to do with the 30 points freed up.

As for the Plasma thing...I'm a Tau player at heart, what can I say? ;)

·
LO's Shadow Captain
12,783 Posts
Drop Pod on the Dread looks like a sound idea.

Your opponent(s) will be focused on the current threats - which, in effect, will be your three Grey Hunter squads and your teammate's own army.

By the time the Dread comes down, it will be able to either cause mass mayhem in the enemy's line (right before your squads are getting into range for the charge), or take a lot of fire away from your footsloggers.

I'd say that the Dread is the most likely model to throw in the Drop Pod.. and is the most likely model to come out of a DS alive.

Librarium | Online | Forums

·
948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Actually, I've been pouring over the tactics of the two armies I've never been able to beat at my store-a Havoc-crazy Chaos army and a Gaunt-Stealer-Warrior Tyranid army. Since this is a team tourny, I'll likely be facing both of them at the same time, with either an infantry-heavy Guard army or an Armoured Company on my side (Or a crappy newbie SM player, but I'm hoping for the Guard.)

Anyways, I'm thinking of doing some serious reconfiguration. Drop some/all of the Wolf Guard, take instead two 10-man Grey Hunter packs, and try and squeeze in a Dreadnought Plasma Cannon, Land Speeder Tornado and some Wolf Scouts.
I'll have a new list tomorrow.

·
846 Posts
looks like a fairly solid list to me. I would drop the powerfists on the bolter hunters though, since their primary rask is support fire over charging into combat. However, it's still fairly solid overall.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
But as they're at quite close range they're likely to see combat. Either by being charged or giving support charges themselves. Thus I'd say include at least 1 fist or weapon.
Furthermore it depends on your own style. Some charge their supporting GH packs more often than others and will take more powerweapons/fists as a result.

Tai'shar

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.