Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone! started work on a space wolf army recently and was hoping to get some input/criticism on my painting so far! i am particularly happy with my wolf guard battle leader. I went for a fluffy wolf guard, giving them very individualized appearances, but I am not sure if I should translate that into the paint schemes, or have the paint be the unifying feature... any thoughts on that? thanks!

Wolf Guard Battle Leader with Dual Wolf Claws

Wolf Guard WIP

·
Egg Head Miniatures:fbook
1,900 Posts
Good effort mate. The first one looks quite well finished.

I think my only helpful observation is to do with the armour colour and the LC red. A wash of Devlan Mud on the LC and a mix of Devlan and Blue will add some depth to those areas.

I'm in the middle of doing a load if you fancy a butchers for ideas. Take a look at the link in my siggy.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hmm i see what u mean looking at your pages. do you water down your washes when you do them though? whenever I try to use washes I have two problems; they darken the surface too much or on flat surfaces, I can't seem to keep from letting brush strokes show. any advice on that?

·
Egg Head Miniatures:fbook
1,900 Posts
I do 2 things with the washes from GW.

1. Wash, after the base colour is applied I use the wash colour neat to add lots of depth, then work the mid tones and highlights back up.

2. Glaze, a watered down wash that simply sits in corners and can help enrich colours.

With both of these practice and making mistakes will help to understand how to work with washes.

Hope that helps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.