Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Ogre Tyrant
921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

as a preface, I live in the UK.

I REALLY want to get my hands on some of the bits from the space wolf wolf pack box set. Only thing is, I really don't need 10 of them at all. I wanted to build a veteran squad for my vanilla marines using the cool stuff you get on the sprue, so a TH/SS, pair of LC's, power weapon, the double handed axe etc.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but the kit comes with duplicates of every single part - which is how you can make 10 of them. I am willing to go out and purchase the box, take out half of the pieces (leaving a full set to build another 5 with all the options) and then post the remainder in the original box to someone in exchange for half the value of the box? Thepieces would still all be on the sprue, and in the original box, and i'll pay for postage.

Let me know if you're interested. (sorry if i've posted this in the wronge place, not quite sure where it should go!)

·
Registered
230 Posts
Check the various bits sites, I believe they are already selling the space wolves bits. They will be expensive relative to what you are getting since they are both new and cool, but it will be a lot easier than finding someone willing to buy half a box set.

For UK:
Home - BITS AND KITS UK

An easier site to work with (IMO) but based in the US:
Battlewagon Bits! - Space Wolves Pack Bits

·
Ogre Tyrant
921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, I just wanted to build a squad that isn't that big with lightning claws or thunderhammer and storm sheilds as like a bodyguard squad for my commander. Whether thats as vanguard veterans or something else I'm not really sure.

I don't mind them being space wolves at all - the theme of my army is that its primarily a salamander force, but there's a unit of ultramarines, blood angels, black templars and a couple of others as well. So its like a combined force - so the SW's would fit right in.

So would going with 5 models with the different special CCW's from the SW box be the best idea, or should I be looking at buying the normal combat squad and then paying £5 for 4 pairs of lightning claws including postage from a bitz site (mentioned above) and giving the sergeant a power weapon? Or are TH/SS that much better and worth the points?

thanks guys!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.