Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Hive Tyrant
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey i have a question about spear head deployment, it's legal to bring reserves from your whole table edge?

I was told at my LGS that reserves had to come from the original deployment zone.
So if the opposite is true what pages do I reference in the rulebook to prove this to them in my next Sperhead game?

This could potentially be a very big deal in my games and tactical decisions as well as for everyone else that plays at the store. It seems like everyone took the deployment zone interpretation including myself when trying to comprehend 5th editon

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
So if the opposite is true what pages do I reference in the rulebook to prove this to them in my next Sperhead game?
Pages 93 & 94. (Also the diagram on page 88.)

In Spearhead(page 93), players still pick which long edge is "their own table edge".

Arriving From Reserves(page 94): "Units enter the table from the owning player's own table edge".

Nothing about the Spearhead deployment type changes the fact that each player owns one long table edge, in standard play.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Its not that hard once you see it done right....

Imagine that all deployments are pitched battle....SH is only different in the sence that your put into one of the 2 corners of your original deployment zone...

And all held reserves come off of your side just as if was pitched battle.

The difference is the "side" is the side you choose...the "edge" is the sides of the board.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts