Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

It's been a VERY long time since I've had a chance to visit LO and I must say it's nice to be back. Considering this Codex update caught me completely off-guard, bought it today, I some questions.

I'm very interested in using a Special Character as my HQ. Without owning the new codec, I just today went out and purchased a Librarian Terminator today. I was going to use this model as a Master of Sanctity only to find out the new Codex somewhat got rid of that.

After searching the new Codex I am very intriqued by the Special Character Cassius. His T6 stat keeps catching my eye and for a base point value of 125, rightfully so I think.

Unfortunately I don't have the updated rulebook just yet so hopefully I can ask this here... Am I able to beef up Special Character HQ choices with wargear options that are available to say a commander, master, chaplain? OR is the special character bonus supposed to offset all the wargear additions?

Thanks guys. BTW, will this model I purchased (in termy armor) be an issue if I rock Cassius? I don't play competitive or anything... just friendly.

Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
359 Posts
nope sorry :( its alot like the previous editons, special characters can only use their given equipment. However, their equipment is usually awesome, so its better ^^

if he has a termie save (dont have book in front of me atm) you can just argue your chapter was out of artificer armour and termie armour was the best they could do =P

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
nope sorry :( its alot like the previous editons, special characters can only use their given equipment. However, their equipment is usually awesome, so its better ^^

if he has a termie save (dont have book in front of me atm) you can just argue your chapter was out of artificer armour and termie armour was the best they could do =P
Thanks for the super quick response! I'm completely enthralled with completley my basic 2000 point setup tonight so I can complete assembly, etc.

Thanks for clearing up the Special Character wargear question.

As for this model, I'm going to call the store tomorrow about taking it back. It's unopened so we'll see. It was my fault so if I'm stuck with it I'll just toss it in my basket for now.

I'm thinking I'll purchase the correct Cassius model off the GW store and then just somehow add a rosarius.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As a side note, I just read a forum post about posting stats. Did I violate any rules there? Kinda confusing...

·
Registered
359 Posts
no i believe you are in the clear

and if you have a receipt, they have to let you return it unless they are dinks ^^

AND all chappies have a rosarius, and the models usually have a random bit on em that resembles it. But again if its a chappy a rosarius is a given, and that is one of the few WYSIWYG you can get away with as it is a basic item all chappies have

1 - 5 of 5 Posts