Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this isn't directly Chaos, but I wanted to get the Chaos opinion on him. Would you guys let me use this in a game?

Okay I got to thinking about how the Grey Knights are the most elite of all Space Marines ,and have some of the most important individuals in the imperium in their ranks, and I decided they need a special character other than Brother-Captain Stern. I decided they need a special GRAND MASTER character. I mean. c'mon Grand Masters are the highest ranking soldiers in the most elite space marines chapter. So I made a special character. Here he is. I would love feedback, is he too tough, too weak, too expensive, too cheap, etc. So here he is

I used the chaos codex points values for statistic increases and charged a little more than I thought was fair for the special abilities.

Grand Master Darius of the Grey Knights

Points WS BS S T W I A Ld Sv
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
355 6 5 4 4 4 5 5 10 2+/4+*

Wargear: Nemesis Force Sword, Psycannon, Grimoire of True Names, Terminator Armour (bonuses included above), Sacred Incense, targeter, Icon of the Just (bonus included above), bionics

Psychic powers: Holocaust, Destroy Daemon

Special Rules: Independent Character, bodyguard, Unmatched Swordsman: Grand-Master Darius may reroll 1 failed hit and 1 failed wound per assault, Emperor’s Blessing: Grand Master Darius can reroll one failed armor save per player turn.

·
Registered
123 Posts
About the only major thing I can see that would keep me from allowing you to use it:

Grand-Master Darius may reroll 1 failed hit and 1 failed wound per assault.
I think one or the other is fine but both is a bit much even for the points value. That's just me though. Other than that I think you've done a very nice job on creating a well balanced character that is worth every point you've put into him and is not overpowering.

Well done.

Uncle Jesse

·
Registered
442 Posts
I think the special abilities are a bit, I don't know how to describe it but they don't click with me. I would condense them into one, but also make it more flexible:

Emporer's Blessing: Grand Master may reroll one failed roll per turn.

Short and simple.

This could apply to Ld, to Hit, to Wound, armor save, etc. Similar to Stern's except that his opponent doesn't gain a roll.

Otherwise, he seems ok. He's only got +1 WS, +1 W and +1 A from a regular GK GM hero plus the special abilities for an additional 80 points.

·
Registered
379 Posts
yeah i'd say one or the other, either the reroll one failed wound and miss, or re-roll one armor save. you could integrate the two abilities together... possibly. Like offer the option of choosing one or the other..

·
Registered
239 Posts
I think its to many eggs in one basket for the size of game u would have to play to even consider using him he could be killed before he even started to earn his points back. An iorn warrions army could easily jest consintrate their fire to a nasty effect and once hes gone ure army will be considerably smaller in abillity

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.