Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys iv been doing tau for a while and iv decided for a complete change so any suggestions would be cool.

Well firslty all the FW's are going to have upgraded equiptment.

Instead of that silly small shoulder pad on te left arm they will all have tow of the larger ones (the ones on the left shoulder)

None of them will have the antennae on the side of their helmets and on their backpack will be some granades and either a rifle or carbine depending of what their holding in their hands.

The carbines will also all be modified: the underslung grande launcher will be removed along with the top sight (to give it a more shotgun last resort weapon look.)

As for colour scheme their armour plating will be white and will be gloss varnished to protect it and make it look shiny (storm trooperish :) and the undergarments will be black highlighted with codex gray.

As for the path finders they will be FW's but without the backpacks and altered weapons

The colour scheme for them will be black armour paltes gloss varnished but im not sure about the undergarments.

But as one of the centre pieces for the army i was going to make spical rail rifle teams.
because army snipers are usually two man teams i was going to have slightly bigger bases and have two men per base on with the rifle and the other with some binoculars and the equiptment hopefully it should turn out ok :)

And for HQ i was going to have 2 shadow suns (helmets on) as bodygaurd with converted shas'o rhy'mrys (the cool looking forgeworld one with the kickass shield

Any ideas and comments would be much apprecitaed :)

·
Registered
230 Posts
I like the ideas behind this, but are you really going to equip them like that?
Personally, Grenades are useless, and Rail Rifles aren't worth what you're losing (10 Pts and a PF's ML).

Anyways, I'd love to hear how this comes along, so keep us informed.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No the army list itself will be completely different the actual bit and bobs on the models are only there for asthetic quality :)

Actually i thought that because im going to split all the FW teams up into sixes that each six would have a dedicated marksman, signals operator and leader just to make it look better?

What do you think?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts