Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright I play succesor chapter of the RAven Guard and the new "Special Skills" Rules are bugging me.

You have the decked out Lightning Claw Master with jump pack and everything and you attach it to an Elite Assault Squad with Furious Charge......does that grant the HQ furious charge? If not.....it just seems kinda wierd the best and brightest of the company doesn't have special skills while his subordinates do.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
A characters special skills confer onto any squad they join. but i dont think it works in reverse. if anything i think they lost the ability entirely if anything without the ability joins thier squad. Although dont take my word as gospel. i dont have the rulebook with me at work. i will check up on it later if it hasnt already been answered. its something i would like to know myself

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Check the last two paragraphs in the right-hand column of page 50 in the rulebook.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yah I just checked and it said no. Okay.....but they're only using the infiltrator reference as to show the hero cannot infiltrate too....right?
Or else when the HQ joins the Elite assault squad the squad loses furious charge......though I'm pretty sure thats incorrect.

thanks everyone....hope they just give the HQ units special skills just for himself in the next addition many years from now.

·
Registered
420 Posts
This rule is a very fuzzy subject as some times it would make sense that the squad would lose its ability, i.e. a commissar joins a squad of Guard infiltrators, they can't infiltrate becasue at the frist sight of the enemy he would yell "For the Emperor!" and rush them headlong (unless we are talking about commissar Cain). I see your point that is would be unfluff-wise but look at it this way: the commander is better at claculating the perfect time for attacking and not plunging in for a risky strike that might cost the lives of his comrades while, when the squad is alone, they wish to fight and die for the glory of the Emperor. That clear it up? (Even though I realize my post is very confusing :wacko: ).

--smguy

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Zephyr_the_AzureWind said:
Yah I just checked and it said no. Okay.....but they're only using the infiltrator reference as to show the hero cannot infiltrate too....right?
Or else when the HQ joins the Elite assault squad the squad loses furious charge......though I'm pretty sure thats incorrect.
You kinda have to pay attention to the wording in the description of the abilities. Furious Charge refers to individual models, while Infiltrate refers to the entire unit. Being a unit-ability, Infiltrate requires that every in it has the ability in order for it to work. Furious Charge, on the other hand, works for individual models. A character without the ability simply won't benefit from it, even if the rest of the squad has it. The rulebook isn't always so explicit, unfortunately. . .

·
Registered
25 Posts
Actually, you can give ICs the skills Furious Charge, Tank Hunters, or Infiltrate, but only if they are a member of a Command Squad. Page 29 of the Space Marine Codex in the paragraph SPECIAL SKILLS is where you can find it.

·
Too Sexy For My Whirlwind
1,148 Posts
A characters special skills confer onto any squad they join. but i dont think it works in reverse.
Thats a dangerously general statement. Not all character abilities pass to the squads they join. Fearless is one that strikes me quickly, though I know SM Chaplains pass on their fearlesness, most fearless characters don't. Skills like Furious Charge are also on the list of skills characters do not psss on.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
It's page 74 you want, "Universal special rules".

1 - 11 of 11 Posts