Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
0-2 Telly-Porta Boyz

Type Points/model_WS_BS_S_T_W_I_A_Ld_Sv
Porta-Boy 25 3 3 3 4 1 2 1 7 4+
Nob +10 3 3 3 4 1 2 2 7 4+

Number/sqaud: 5-10 models
Options: The Nob may take upgrades from the armoury

Wargear: Snazzgun, Looted carapace armour, Telly-Porta pack

Options: May be accompanied by a Big Mek. Big Mek may take Telly-Porta pack for +15 points.

Special rules
Telly-Porta pack: Telly-Porta boyz may always Deep Strike, even if mission rules do not allow. In the shooting phase, instead of shooting they may instantly move D6" in any direction, ignoring Difficult terrain, Enemy units, etc (They are teleporting) after moving they scatter D6".

Crazy:
Teleporting is scary enough to drive an Ork mad. When Deep Striking, if the Boyz scatter into an enemy unit they are not destroyed but instead initiate close combat with each boy at initative 3 (Da kunning eley-ment of surprise! Hurr! Hurr!). When first Deep Striking the boyz immediatly shoot at the nearest unit (friend or foe) that is in range. :0

·
King of Librarium's Tombs
7,143 Posts
Nice idea. I think the shooting movement should be D6 in any direction, followed by a D6 scatter. It makes it far more random, and removes the potential of an 18" movement. Added to movement and charging, thats 30" a turn potential!

·
Registered
143 Posts
I like the idea but would have to agree BS too good. Furthermore squad size is too big for a elitish unit should be 10 or 15 max. When it comes down to it they sound like teleporting flashgits, maybe easier to add 5pts per model and give the backpacks to the flashgits rather then create a new unit, that way your could keep their nob equivalent stats. Still neat concept

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
You could just take the current flashgitz and take the shaman guy, put them in a unit and use the psychic ability to deep strike them if you roll that one.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Almost all orks, even the most basic ork has a WS of 4, so why do these orks have a combat disability. Initiative three is mostly reserved for nobs, and the ability to live a deep strike by landing on a unit is bending the universal rules.

This is a cool concept and probably a lot of fun to convert. This is a cool house rule, but nothing more than a house rule.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
okay how bout they're flash gits who can take telly porta for +10 pts each
all others rules and options are teh same

·
846 Posts
The only problem I can really see is that the tellyporta really only gives them a scattering fleet move as is. I'd say to add to the randomness of orky tellyporting the distance and the choice of direction should e changed.

For example have the player roll 3d6 for the range of tellyportation and count it as a deepstrike. However have them also roll the scatter dice before moving to see what direction they go in (as tellyportas aren't an exact science.)

Just an idea, though this may make the unit too unpredictable to be useful.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.