Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all,

Dual tournament coming up and me (WoC) will be playing with my friend who plays VC. Since we are trusted allies, i can place my characters in his units.

Reading through his VC book, came up with 3 questions:

1 - Would vampiric power Ghoulkin work with my Exalted hero in his ghoul unit?

This power says 'your units of Crypt Ghouls (and accompanying characters) may make a march move before the game.'
Doesnt specify that the characters should be undead, so i reckon my exalted hero would benefit?

2 - Can my friend cast Vanhels Danse Macabre on that same unit and would the unit including my exalted hero benefit from the spell?
Text says 'spell can be cast on a friendly Undead unit' and
A - 'it (the unit) can immediately make a move of..."; or
B - if engaged in close combat 'all models in the unit benefit from ASF'

3 - What would happen if the unit loses combat? Does my exalted take a breaktest and the ghouls use the special lose models rule?

So... a lot of questions, hope you guys can help me out here! Thanks in advance!

·
Advocatus Diaboli
4,571 Posts
1 & 2 - I'd say yes, as it does say "accompanying characters" for Q1 and characters are part of a unit for Q2.

3 - Ask the tournament organiser. Nothing in the VC rules were intended to cover this situation. While undead aren't unbreakable, they do come close (and characters couldn't normally join those units)

With events, it's always best to check with the guy who is in charge of the event. It's his opinion that counts...not ours.

·
Registered
109 Posts
See the vampire counts errata, undead=unstable+unbreakable in 8th ed.
So, while you are trusted allies, you can't join his units with non unbreakable and unstable characters, as per the rulebook.

However, there is no rule stopping unbreakable/unstable characters joining your units, but neither rule then applies to them, as the unit is not unstable or unbreakable, so eg they run with the unit and don't crumble.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts