Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here are my revised army lists for a new Ork army. I have included 4 lists (500, 1000, 1500, 2000). I really like the feel and play style of the Orks. In a universe where everyone is all gloom and doom, they provide some much needed humor, and whereas everyone else is grim about the wars they must fight, the Orks are positively ecstatic! In particular, the Speed Freaks attract me because of the interesting, fluid tactics they can use. Of course, the thought of ramshackle, smoke spewing machines cobbled together from rusty scrap and piled high with screaming boyz is pretty awesome too.

500 points

Warboss with ‘Eavy Armor, Attack squig and Big Choppa - 85

11 Slugga Boyz with Nob with Big Choppa in Trukk - 122
12 Slugga Boyz with Nob with Big Choppa in Trukk - 128
12 Slugga Boyz with Nob with Big Choppa in Trukk - 128

Warbuggy with Twin-linked Rokkits - 35

Total: 498

1000 points

Warboss with Attack squig, Shoota/skortcha and Mega Armor - 120

9 Nobz in Trukk with Boarding plank, Waaagh! Banner, Painboy, Cybork bodies and Big choppas - 320

12 Slugga Boyz with Nob with Big Choppa in Trukk with Reinforced ram - 133
12 Slugga Boyz with Powerklaw Nob in Trukk with Reinforced ram - 153
12 Slugga Boyz with Powerklaw Nob in Trukk with Reinforced ram - 153

Total: 999

1500 points

Warboss with Attack squig, Bosspole, Shoota/skortcha and Mega Armor - 125

9 Nobz with Waaagh! Banner, Painboy/orderly, Cybork bodies and Big choppas in Trukk -355

16 ‘Ard Boyz with Powerklaw Nob - 195
12 Slugga Boyz with Nob with Big choppa in Trukk with Reinforced ram - 133
12 Slugga Boyz with Powerklaw Nob in Trukk with Reinforced ram and Boarding plank - 158
12 Slugga Boyz with Powerklaw Nob in Trukk with Reinforced ram and Boarding plank - 158

Battlewagon with Deff rolla, Boarding plank and 4 Big Shootas - 135

Total: 1497

2000 points

Warboss with Attack squig, Bosspole, Shoota/skortcha and Mega Armor - 125
Big Mek with Grot oiler and Powerklaw - 65

17 Nobz with Waaagh! Banner, Painboy and orderly, ‘Eavy Armor and Big choppas - 560
5 Burna Boyz with Mek - 75

15 ‘Ard Boyz with Powerklaw Nob - 185

2 Warbuggies with Twin-linked Rokkits - 70

Battlewagon with Deff rolla, Boarding plank and 4 Big Shootas - 135
Battlewagon with Deff rolla and 4 Big Shootas - 130

Total: 1997

Strategy

Turn 1: Wait for it, ladz...

1. Move Trukks and Buggies into position to assault as quickly as possible, with Battlewagons trailing behind.
2. Move Trukks in several groups to confuse the opponent and divide their fire. Make it appear as though I will attack piecemeal, but position myself to attack one or two targets en masse.
3. If there are any large, scary monsters or vehicles, pop them with Buggies or, if they're closer, with Powerklaw Nobz in Boarding plank Trukks.
4. Concentrate Big Shoota fire on one unit (not one to be assaulted, but those blocking the way of the trukks or those that would create a vulnerable hole in the line in their absence) and try to decimate it. 36 strength 5 shots should do the trick!

Turn 2: Waaagh!

1. Move Battlewagons into position
2. Move Trukks into hole, closer to main force or move some behind enemy lines.
3. Concentrate buggy fire on large monsters and still dangerous tanks to soften them up for assault. If anything like landraiders are still around, use boarding planks and nobz/warboss to kill it.
4. Use big shootas to soften up unit to be assaulted so that it will crumple in a turn.
5. Assault with boyz and nobs. Tank Shock with Trukks and Assault with Deff Rolla Battle wagons. Hopefully win the combat in one turn.
6. Assault down the line and try to roll it up between the two groups, or if the opponent is more spread out, fall back to trukks and mop up.

Of course, no plan survives contact with the enemy, as they say, but it's a start. 'Course, da Orks don' need stupid 'humie fings like planz anywayz!

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Get rid of the armored plates on the trukk and the reinforced rams as if they get shot they are dead anyway at armor 12. You also do not want to be tankshocking with trukks, so the reinforced ram is unneccessary. With the points saved in the 500 pt list consider a power klaw if you can. If you can't at least give him an attack squig.

1000 pts list.
Consider not taking the mega armored nobs. First I think your points are wrong, they look way to cheap. By guesstamit your points there are actually around 220??
Instead of that take a squad of 11 slugga/choppa boys, with a power klaw nob. Either put the warboss in that squad of give him a warbike. Make him t6 and just slam him in against normal squads. He'll hold his own at 1000 pts easy.

2000 pts list
1st b.wagon- drop the 2 rokkits, add 2 more big shootas, so you can shoot everything on the move. b.wagon's are dead if they stop moving. you can't fire the kannon and the rokkits on the move due to the defensive weapon rules. Same advice for bwagon 2.
You points for the 9 nobs is about right which proves your cost for the 5 mega armored nobs in list 1 is completely wrong.
If your in trukks you should have all slugga/choppa boys. If your running having 1 big shoota is not really worth it, stick with the all or nothing rokkits.

Remember you can target different units with the rokkit in the squad and the rokkit on the trukk, this is key to winning with orks in trukks. Move 13, hop out, shoot vehicles with rokkits off trukk, shoot at the squad when you can with the rokkit in the vehicle.

·
569 Posts
Welcome to the world of Freaks! Though this post does belong in the Army Lists section...

500 points

Warboss with Twin-linked Shoota, ‘Eavy Armor, Bosspole and Big Choppa - 80
11 Ork Boyz with Rokkit Launcha - 76
12 Ork Boyz with Rokkit Launcha - 82
2 Trukks, Rokkit Launchas, Red Paint Job, Grot Riggers, armor plates and reinforced ram - 130
2 Warbuggies with Rokkit Launchas, red paint jobs and grot riggers - 130

Total: 498
Remove the Rokkits from the Boyz, not needed. With them being in Trukks you will get to fire those Rokkits once, maybe twice. Use the points elsewhere, don't even go with a Big Shoota.

For the Trukks, remove Rokkits, RPJ and Grot Riggers at the very least. I only give my Trukks the Ram and nothing else extra. The Rokkit points are best spent elsewhere, especially in a 500 point list. The RPJ isn't needed too much on a Vehicle that is as fast as the Ork Trukk and the Grot Riggers aren't so great in the new Dex since you make the roll during your shooting phase, meaning an immobilzed trukk is already losing 1 round of moving, thus you should be getting out adn running once that happens anyway.

On The Buggies, definately drop the RPJ, with 12" move and 24" range the extra 1" from RPJ isn't needed. The Grot Riggers are questionable too. With all the saved points, get a Nob with a PK and Bosspole in both groups of Boyz :) Either that get 1 Nob, give the WB a PK and get a 3rd Buggy maybe.

1000 points

Warboss with Mega Armor, Bosspole, and Attack Squig - 120
5 MegaNobz with 5 Shoota-Skorchas and Waagh! Banner - 140
12 Ork Boyz with Big Shoota, Nob with Big Choppa and Bosspole - 117
12 Ork Boyz with Rokkit Launcha, Nob with Power Claw and Bosspole - 122
4 Trukks, Rokkit Launchas, Red Paint Job, Grot Riggers, armor plates and reinforced ram - 260
3 Warbuggies with rokkit launchas, red paint jobs and grot riggers - 135

Total: 998
Same comments on the Trukk and Buggy upgrades, you can save tons of points there. I'm not a fan of the MANs, very few situations that you need that many PKs and they do not have a Painboy so no FNP and no Invul Save. Also, check your points, that MANs squad is 240 not 140. For the same cost you could get 6-8 regular Nobs with a painboy, give all Cyborks and 2 with PKs 1 with a Bosspole and 1 with a Waaagh Banner. And you'd likely have points to spare if you only went with 6.

2000 points

Warboss with Mega Armor, Bosspole, and Attack Squig - 120
9 MegaNobz, 5 Shoota-Skorchas, Waagh! Banner 445

20 Ork ‘Ard Boyz with 2 Big shootas, Nob with Power Claw Bosspole - 240
12 Ork Boyz with Big Shoota, Nob with Power Claw and Bosspole - 117
12 Ork Boyz with Big Shoota, Nob with Power Claw and Bosspole - 117
4 Trukks, Rokkit Launchas, Red Paint Job, Grot Riggers, armor plates and reinforced ram - 260

3 Warbuggies with rokkit launchas, red paint jobs and grot riggers - 135

Battlewagon with deff rolla, red paint job, grot riggers, armor plates, kannon, 2 big shootas, and 2 rokkit launchas - 170
Battlewagon with red paint job, grot riggers, armor plates, zzap gun, 2 big shootas, and 2 rokkit launchas - 150

Total: 1998

So, any thoughts?
Same comments as the above 2 lists...

As for the BWs, don't need all those weapons. My BWs currently run with 4 Big Shootas and nothing more. I may add a Kannon on them if I have the points, but generally they are best used to transport large Mobs of boys. In the current rules the Trukks are better than the BWs since the Trukks negate the Transport deathtrapness (entangled, wounded on a 4+ and re-rolling any failed 4+s once...)

Good Luck with this though, feel it out and see what suits you best :)

·
LO Zealot
4,014 Posts
Bare wagons

I agree with everyone above. Putting non-weapon upgrades on a 35 point model doesn't make sense. For the cost of those upgrades, you can field another buggy, and that will do a lot more for you. Besides paying the extra for a twin-linked rokkit, I run the buggies bare.

The same goes for trukks, besides a red paint job (but even that isn't mandatory). In 40k in general, there isn't much point to upgrading vehicles that have armor 10/10/10. They're so vulnerable in any case, upgrades are most likely going to be wasted.

For the 500 point list, I'd do this:

Warboss w/big choppa, bosspole (70)
11 Slugga Boyz w/Powerklaw Nob and trukk (142)
11 Slugga Boyz w/Powerklaw Nob and trukk (142)
12 Shoota boyz (attached to Warboss) (72)
Warbuggy w/twin-linked rokkits (35)
Warbuggy w/twin-linked rokkits (35)

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your advice everyone. I updated my first post with revised army lists. Any further feedback would be welcome. :)

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Reinforced Ram is a good investment in my opinion. Yes it's a 5 point upgrade for a 35 point model, but it is a 35 point model in charge of the safety/transportation of a 120-130 point unit. The reinforced ram allows you to safely (relatively safely) charge your trukks through difficult terrain, which can be a godsend in most games.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Mm. Good point. Just updated again, and switched up the boss' kit. I also added boarding planks, because although the buggies will make short work of light vehicles, I needed something that could still kill tanks if they died and kill heavier tanks even if they didn't. The thought of a landraider killing one trukk after another is terrifying. So, I think my Warbosses 6 strength 10 attacks or my Nobz 4 strength 9 attacks will make short work of anything like that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts