Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Speed Metal

This list is a completely new list for me, I wrote it a few days ago just to use something not foot-slog Death Guard for a change against a vanilla marine army with some light tanks. I do think it's about time I did something different so yes, speedy tank-death not walkey zombie-marine death. Just wondered how you think it would fare against most marine armies (they are my most common enemy) in friendly skirmishes. If it's all wrong that's fine but would like to stick with the theme clearly laid out before you.

Blitz-Kaos

HQ

Daemon Prince of Khorne 345
Wings
Gift of Chaos:
Power Armour
Black Mace

Troops

Chaos Space Marines 324
Veterans Of The Long War
10 Guys
Close Combat Weapons
(No Bolters)
2 Plasma Guns
Champion: Power Fist
Plasma Pistol
Gift of Chaos:

Rhino:

2 Combi-Bolters (45)
Warpflame Gargoyles

Chaos Space Marines 324
Veterans Of The Long War
10 Guys
Close Combat Weapons
(No Bolters)
2 Plasma Guns
Plasma Pistol
Gift of Chaos:

Rhino:

2 Combi-Bolters (45)
Warpflame Gargoyles

Chaos Space Marines 324
Veterans Of The Long War
10 Guys
Close Combat Weapons
(No Bolters)
2 Plasma Guns
Plasma Pistol
Gift of Chaos:

Rhino:

2 Combi-Bolters (45)
Warpflame Gargoyles

Heavy Support

Predator Main Battle Tank 152
Twin Linked Lascannons
Daemonic Possession
Heavy Bolter Sponsons
Warpflame Gargoyles
Havoc Launcher

Predator Main Battle Tank 152

Twin Linked Lascannons
Daemonic Possession
Heavy Bolter Sponsons
Warpflame Gargoyles
Havoc Launcher

This is also a re-post because everyone ignored me last time, so I'm trying again at a more humane time of day.

Reactions: Blight ME

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Not bad, but I would advise changing the predators myself. Having lascannon a and heavy bolters makes you choose more heavily who you wan to shoot at. I would personally do one with all las and the other with auto cannon heavy bolters instead. I also wouldn't put the havok launcher on the one with las cannons, they could help with weapon destroy results if you get lucky, but if they don't you just waist points on something like isn't likely to do much to our target.

Another thing, demoni possession nocks BS down by 1 still correct? I don't use it much an Ido t have my codex so I cannot remember for sure. If so, I would scrap it. Your tanks cos a fair amount and it would keep the price down aswell as let them actually hit their targets better.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok cool. Will do that. And yes daemonic possesion makes you BS3 but it ignores shaken and stunned on a 2+ so i thought it may come in handy.

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Ok cool. Will do that. And yes daemonic possesion makes you BS3 but it ignores shaken and stunned on a 2+ so i thought it may come in handy.
It can, but atleast on the las cannon predator I wood highly suggest against it, they simply don't have enough shots to ensure a dead target at BS3.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Your list looks great overall.

I would suggest 2 units of Oblits w/ MON or if you like MOTZ as these will be hardier to kill than tanks and at 70-76 pts + or - are about what you spent on the Preds.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the help, pretty chuffed people approve, it's been a long time since I got out my tanks. There will most certainly obliterators going in there, I love my obliterators.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts