Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
~Now, I know that some spells can be cast while a mage is in close combat, but I just hope I'm doing it correctly. If the spell says that it can be cast on units in close combat, does that mean that the wizard can cast the spell if the wizard is in close combat?

~For example, If i had a Dragon Mage who charged, and then cast Flaming Sword of Rhuin while in combat, that would all be legal, right? So Shield of Saphery could be cast on a a unit that a wizard is in ,even if in melee.

·
Registered
316 Posts
The BRB says on page 107 that "Wizards cannot cast spells at units engaged in close combat unless the spell only affects the caster himself or the description of the spell specifies otherwise". Therefore yes, you can cast Flaming Sword of Rhuin on yourself, but seeing as Shield of Saphery affects an entire unit rather than just the caster himself, I would say no. The new VC book has brought this question up alot lately with Invocation of Nehek. :D Hope this helps!

EDIT: I don't know the details of Shield of Saphery, so I don't know if it says "may be cast into close combat". If it does, you're good to go! Otherwise, I'm pretty sure the BRB is clear about it.

·
LO Zealot
2,610 Posts
so does the courage of aneurian (stubborn spell)

basically if the spell affects the unit in combat, it has to specify that it can be cast into combat. Magic missiles can't be cast from someone in combat. Otherwise all spells can be cast whenever, even if the caster is in combat (as long as he doesn't target a unit in combat) Hope that makes sense, it almost seems more murky.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.