Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Suffer not the Unclean
2,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have a suggestion on a material to make spider web? I'm building the new Goblin Boss on Gigantic Spider, and would like to embellish the base further.

Also, holy cow is this thing a mean hunk-o-pewter. Already broken a drill bit in impatience =/

·
Sparta!
1,438 Posts
Maybe use either a cotton wool ball that has been unravelled so it's all wispy and stuff or alternatively get a spool of cotton thread (the ones that go in the sewing machine) and use that for strands?

·
A bit of alright.
675 Posts
There's some packaging or other that can be pulled apart to look very "cobwebby", I know that the Perrys use it.
Also what do you mean "mean hunk of pewter"? It's just a proper sized model made of a proper medium. The Marauder giant, now he's big.

·
Blood Boy
3,643 Posts
You could try this for ideas. That spider has spider web on it.

Games Workshop Online Store — Goblin Warboss on Gigantic Spider (Direct Only)

The spider web there would be metal and is painted as spider web. You could simply find a material such as thick glue. Position some wire where you want the web to go. Then drip the glue over the wire and paint it pale looking as though it is spider web.

You could also try to use sewing thread soaked in PVA. This could be wrapped all over the areas you want and then painted as web. You could wrap this stuff around some zombie models to make them look like victims.

·
Suffer not the Unclean
2,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You could try this for ideas. That spider has spider web on it.

Games Workshop Online Store — Goblin Warboss on Gigantic Spider (Direct Only)

The spider web there would be metal and is painted as spider web. You could simply find a material such as thick glue. Position some wire where you want the web to go. Then drip the glue over the wire and paint it pale looking as though it is spider web.

You could also try to use sewing thread soaked in PVA. This could be wrapped all over the areas you want and then painted as web. You could wrap this stuff around some zombie models to make them look like victims.
That's the model I'm building =). I will try that idea with the wire. I have the captured dwarf from skull pass too, might cut him in half and have him sticking out under a pile of leaves.

Also what do you mean "mean hunk of pewter"? It's just a proper sized model made of a proper medium. The Marauder giant, now he's big.
The legs are actually quite small where they fix to the underside of the body, so I've had to use much smaller pins than I normally would with a model this size, plus, there are of course eight of them to drill out! It's been quite time consuming.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.