Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Sparta!
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I was flipping through the armoury of the WH codex and was having a look at the psycannon rounds - the ones that bypass Invulnerable saves - when I had the brain wave of adding n inquisitor to my guard army and sticking it to my mates sisters.
Now, reading the entry for SotM the model gains an invulnerable save but then it states that it can't be used in conjunction with any other save.
So my question is twofold:
1) Does SotM effectively replace the models normal save with an Invulnerable save?
2) If yes do psycannon bolts then ignore this, leaving the sister in question with no recourse to a save at all?
Cheers,

Thomo

·
Registered
593 Posts
I think the key wording in the rule for SotM is that the unit GAINS an invul save equal to it's armor save. it doesn't say replaces, like turbo boosting on a bike does. (which can be a rude suprise)

the combining refers to the fact you can't use an invul save, then if you miss that, use a cover save. You still have to choose 1 save.

The Psycannon would ignore the invulnerable save of the SoB, but would still have a regular armor save to go against, or a cover save if you wanted to that save instead.

·
Sparta!
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's what I thought originally, but then I checked all the other Invulnerable save giving items and not a single one of them includes that line so I was curious as to why it was used in this instance and not any other.
And to clarify, the exact wording is:
"The unit gains an invulnerable save equal to its normal Armour Save for the remainder of the phase. This may not be combined with any other saves." p. 18, Codex: Witch Hunters
It's the inclusion of that last line that tripped me. Does that mean that they ave to use the Invulnerable save rather than the Armour save? Does the invulnerable replace the armour?

·
Dark Eldar Gerbil
1,522 Posts
No, I believe it is an extra clarification that it gives an extra save but you don't get an EXTRA save just another save.
Really i'm not sure why they addded that last line, but you will be fighting a BIG uphill battle to try and get that through anyone as it doesn't say anything directly. As having two isn't combining necessarily

·
Sparta!
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, didn't think it would have been allowed and wasn't really holding my breath for it, it was more of an idle thought than anything. Still, it is curious as to why they put the extra line in there and no-where else. Meh.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.