Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,129 Posts
Dark Eldar don't use anything in place of them, once they die they get taken by Slaanesh. However, though this may not be entirely spot on, they did make a pact of sorts with the chaos god; in which if they took the lives of enough beings in the galaxy than their own souls would be spared the fate all eldar fear. (That is of course, each dark eldar would have to reach some sort of amount, not the race as a whole to keep Slaanesh away permenantly.)

·
Dark Eldar Zealot
3,699 Posts
Dark Eldar don't use anything in place of them, once they die they get taken by Slaanesh. However, though this may not be entirely spot on, they did make a pact of sorts with the chaos god; in which if they took the lives of enough beings in the galaxy than their own souls would be spared the fate all eldar fear. (That is of course, each dark eldar would have to reach some sort of amount, not the race as a whole to keep Slaanesh away permenantly.)
Well ummm..............I think that you might find that their souls would be consumed by the other DE around them, thats if there are any De around them to do this.

But if its a lonely uncertain death in the hands of the enemy outside of the webway then its meal time for Slaanesh!

I think that DE would rather slaughter in battle or be slaughtered trying in the presence of their kin as I you will find that their vampiric nature should cover off any stray souls that might try and leech into the warp.

Any way spirit stones are for girlie Eldar who are afraid dying alone and their souls are supposed to stored away in the infinity circuit, whereas Dark Eldar souls are reabsorbed by the nearest kin.
Cheers.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've heard of such things as "corrupted spirit stones" do they exist? As for being reabsorbed, what exactly to you mean by that? Do they just become part of the other Dark eldar and enhance them or something?

·
Registered
225 Posts
I've heard of such things as "corrupted spirit stones" do they exist? As for being reabsorbed, what exactly to you mean by that? Do they just become part of the other Dark eldar and enhance them or something?
I don't know about corrupted spirit stones (since i haven't seen any references to spirit stones in any form in the DE fluff) but maybe you are thinking of tortured ("corrupted") wraithbone? We use quite a bit of that for various technologies like our Soul Seeking Ammo, horrofexes, etc.

·
Dark Eldar Zealot
3,699 Posts

Hi,
Please see the second last story in the Codex for more on the “reabsorbtion” theory, the rules for Kruellagh the Vile and her weapon the “Soul Flayer” that shows this in action on a model (also the story for her in the left hand side bar) and the rules for the Animus Vitae in the Arcane Wargear that describes the benefits of doing so.

If you need more just consider how “Soul Seeking Ammo” works, all Dark Eldar technology is actively aimed at seeking out souls more than just the physical bodies (captured bodies are more for amusement in the gladiatorial arenas, whereas souls are gleaned for survival of the race) and this is the primary purpose of obtaining slaves. To distill by torture the essence of a soul, release it by death and then reabsorb the coalescing cloud that drifts from the body as it attempts to cross over into the warp.

Cheers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.