Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Gladewalker
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick question. Are spites counted as magic items for the purposes of spells/effects that target magic items (HE unmaking spell for instance)? To me they seem completely different since they are alive, for one, and they are in a different section (otherwise they could just include it in the items section as a subsection).

I could be wrong. This could be one of those things like the lore of metal spells that base their damage on armor saves but for some reason seem to work on scaly skin.

Thanks.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I think that someone else has just brought this up in one of the other discussions.

My personal opinion is that it shouldn't have any effect on them as they aren't listed under 'Magic items'. Like you have already said they are alive so it just seems wrong that something like Vaul's Unmaking would get rid of them, also i remember this spell in perticular states 'magic items' so in that case I would say no it doesn't un-do them.

Can't think of any other things off the top of my head, (long day at work), that really could affect them.

Not sure if this has helped but I think unless you can find something in FAQ it's going to be a case of each persons opinion.

·
Registered
222 Posts
If you read the descrition, then it will say they are treated in respects of magic items, in the fact that you can only take one of each.

If a spite was targetted by a a spell from the lore of metal, I believe it would have no affect. Pretty much in same way demonic gifts and ogre big names work.

Im someone thinks im wrong then please tell me. Get David in he's really good with this stuff :p

·
Gladewalker
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, I'm his friend. He's not too happy about not being able to negate them, but really it makes so little difference. I just wanted to check because I didn't know if he did.

Thanks everyone.

Now...why is it that scally skin is counted as armor for purposes of being affected by lore of metal spells? I've never been targeted by such magic, but I think I'm going to make it a house rule to subtract skin saves from the armor to assess the damage.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Now...why is it that scally skin is counted as armor for purposes of being affected by lore of metal spells? I've never been targeted by such magic, but I think I'm going to make it a house rule to subtract skin saves from the armor to assess the damage.
Good question, since its a part of them and not something that they can remove.

·
Gladewalker
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I guess that makes sense.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts