Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hey bud,
Well I don't know any brands that don't eat foam/ polystyrene. However if you coat your bit of scenery with watered down PVA glue, then it normally protects the polystyrene from the spray. Its the propellant in the cans that affect the polystyrene, so read the sides and look for some to try. I myself have found that if you do a lot of scenery, then purchasing a small modellers spraygun and watering down the paints is a great idea.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
All standard spray paints woill contain solvents, the best way to get around the problem with melting polystyrene is by getting your hands on a small hobby compressor and spray painting equipment. Then just spary paint with the standard GW paint or any other water solution paint.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Im not sure if there is any spray paint that wont eat foam but wut i do is just put a coat of any kind of glue to cover up the pores than spray it. :D

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Ok to put this straight.

All spraypaints will eat away at polystyrene, because they all include solvents in the mixture. Solvents like cerosene, acetone and so on.
Do as the others have tip'ed here and give the object you're gonna spray a good cout of glue or paint or what ever you like and then spray it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.