Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay. This is something i thought of while I was making my tank traps.
Materials:
1.Wirecutters (or hobby knives, etc.) to cut sprues with.
2.Spoll of Wire
3.Super Glue or Green Stuff

Start with cutting out two 5"-6" pieces of sprue with wirecutters. These sections will be the top and bottom sections. Then you should cut two 2"-3" sections. These sections will be the sides.

Bind each of the corners with either Superglue or Green Stuff. Superglue/Green Stuff the start section of the wire to wherever you want the fence to start. Now here is where it depends on how picky you are on detail. You spool the wire around the sprue section to represent the fence. Now, how you want to do the barbs is up to you. I put notches randomly in the wire with a hobby knife, and since some places caught light differently than others with the notches, it looked pretty cool. Making the circular wire part on top is very difficult, so i just let it be. If you want to try it, please let me know how it turned out.

Now to make it stand up. You could Green Stuff two 4" beams of sprue to the top and have them come down at the same angle. That worked. I also tried wiring the cardboard section of a blister to the back of the fence after folding it into a stand-up shape.

As always, please let me know of anything I left out, or any questions you have.

·
Sparta!
1,438 Posts
Another way to get the razor wire look is to get some florist wire (or fuse wire - something really fine anyway) and wind it around the thin wire.
Winding the wire around a couple of pens/pencils is also a good way to achieve the nice rounded rolls.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Another way to get the razor wire look is to get some florist wire (or fuse wire - something really fine anyway) and wind it around the thin wire.
Winding the wire around a couple of pens/pencils is also a good way to achieve the nice rounded rolls.
yeah that the way i do it and it looks quite realistic (same as the GW wire)

·
LO Zealot
1,744 Posts
It sounds like a good plan... But yes some pictures would definitely help! ;Y

·
Registered
122 Posts
For my razorwire I use florist wire, its about 1.49 a spool and easy to work with. 22 gauge and 26 gauge are the sizes. I always do my razorwire in 6" sections. Take the 22 gauge wire and cut a piece that is approx 20-24" long. The length affects how many coils you'll have, the shorter the more spaced the coils will be and of course longer will have tighter spaced coils. Then take the 26 gauge wire and wrap it around the 22 gauge wire. I found it works best if you try and keep the 26 gauge wire at a 45-50 degree angle. If you want lots of wrapping then you could put it up to a 70 degree angle or so. Just eyeball it. Once this is done find something to wrap it around like a highlighter or thick sharpe. For cross beams you could use pieces of sprue since you already have a bunch. Just make little X's or you could just go single post as well. Another thing you can use is balsa wood. 1/8 or 3/16 works well but I think anything bigger looks too big. I also make the tops on the beams pointy, looks more dangerous. Put it all on a plasitcard base and add some debris and body parts and you're set to go!

Not trying to steal your topic just thought I'd let ya know how I do it :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.