Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey,
i thought of doing a imperial guard squat army. the conversion for the infintry platoon would be easy. thunderers and replace the handgun with a lasgun. though im still deciding on which Doctrines i will take. i post some pics of how they go. won't probally be for a while since i got exams next week.

khorne

·
Drills baby.
6,481 Posts
This idea is actually more common then you might think...
It is a good idea if it would be completed nicely. Don't Thunderers have those very medievel helmets and chainmails? I would use regular Dwarf warriors (not hte new ones, they suck for conversions) and file/cut away the chainmails/helmets and use GS to create new stuff.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Da Mighty Camel is right, this is a semi-common idea, but if you want to take a shot at it then go for it. When I first saw this I remembered an army I saw online a year or two ago, so i found the site (
http://www.warmongerclub.com/articles/chaossquats1.html) they're supposed to be like evil squats, but you might get some ideas from the conversions.
Contrary to what Camel said I would let them keep the chainmail and such, maybe convert them a bit and make their old stuff look like it was designed to be old looking, like articed and such (they're dwarfs, its what they do) Good luck on the army

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That army is sweet. some people told me on the GW forum to use the handguns as autoguns or lasguns. though they wouldn't be very 40kish but what do u think?

·
Proud banner bearer of LO
945 Posts
Aye, I'd reach for my lizardmen instead of marines.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Convert them and use Lasguns + Imperial Insignia and I'll let you play with them, just using Dwarf models is laziness.

This was also address elsewhere I remember reading an article, about using IG rules for squats. Seems like the best ruleset to use really.

·
Proud banner bearer of LO
945 Posts
Heres another idea; take a dwarf cannon and replace the dwarf cannon barrel with an autocannon. Gyrocopters with multi lasers might make good sentinels...

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Indeed, that's a good idea. With a few Dwarf Cannon bases, you could mount all your Lascannons/Autocannons on them.

As with any army, you'll find that models will he expensive, so I'll say what I always say when someone is starting a new army. Before you buy a model, get a price for the same thing off Ebay. You should usually be pleasantly surprised.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Well i will tell you one thing, make a Squat army isn´t so easy...you will have to make a lot of conversion (even with the thunderes..they have litle armour) and i have tell nothing about the tanks XD

1 - 10 of 10 Posts