Librarium Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive decided to build a squat army just for the hell of it ill probably use vanilla marine rules or salamander rule since the -1 initiative and stuff makes sense for squats if i do ittl be a small force just wonderin what ppl think i should use

·
Registered
317 Posts
Good luck with that. They are a lot of fun to convert, I'm told. If you want an idea how to, let me know, I'll ask the guys who converted some.

·
Registered
72 Posts
sweet. i remember back at gamesday baltimore a guy who had an entire squat army converted and painted very nicely. i think he used the space marines rules with them.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Yea, you'd have to. The official Squat army list is illegal now. One idea for conversion is to use Ironbreakers from Fantasy and convert some backpacks onto 'em, then give 'em chainswords insted of hammers. Or something. You know, an assault squad.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I remember the Chaos Squat models, they were very difficult to pick up as they were allways covered in spikes and stuff, most delightful!!!

BIG UP YON SQUATS

·
Registered
959 Posts
i remember reading somewhere some guy played a squat army and used the thousand sons rules for them. was a pretty cool looking force, he had robots converted as his daemons and robotic attachments to his squats to make some possessed.

·
Registered
49 Posts
noooooo you fool!!! do you know what you have done? you have released a power that was locked away in the vaults of GW in the rouge trader days. if the :text missing: are being played again then the very balence of the :text missing: will be put in jepordy....i've got to warn the others ahhhhhhhhhhh!!!

*squats rule*

·
Registered
377 Posts
I've seen advice that the Ork codex works well for Squats. Personally, I think that's a load of dog doings, but there you go. Salamanders would be best IMO.

·
Registered
878 Posts
You could use fantasy Dwarfs with Ork weapons to model them.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Yeah, that too would look fairly good. Someone should convert the Squats rules up to 3rd edition, and play them outside of tournies... That would be good fun. Only problem is getting one's hands on a copy of the 2nd edition stuff...

·
Registered
85 Posts
If their are any copyright fiends here ignore this:

Try Kazaa. I got both Realm of Chaos books as well as several other GW books that i will not list here. They are in PDF format and are of excellent quality with maybe 1 page out of 100 missing.

·
Lord of the Household
1,733 Posts
Making a Squat army wouldn't be too difficult... Adding Space Marine weapons to WFB Dwarfs and modling some bionics here and there wouldn't be difficult... You could use Ironbreakers to represent Exo-armour squats and simply use Space Marine vehicles... If I remember correctly Squats also use Rhinos, Land Raiders etc...

·
Registered
396 Posts
I've seen advice that the Ork codex works well for Squats. Personally, I think that's a load of dog doings, but there you go. Salamanders would be best IMO.
That actually sounds pretty good to me...:)

I wouldn't mind having Dwar.....Squat version of Speed Freaks....lol.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Hmm squats. When i think of the word i think of a Bum sitting in a empty house & with the 40k element in it , i think he's killing something with a piece of carboard. hmmm well i do know one chant.
"RITES FOR SQUATS"
"RITES FOR SQUATS"
"RITES FOR SQUATS"

Nice idea but i think they're banned?
dont listen to me i only started a couple weeks ago.

Merry Christmas to the squats <:)

·
Registered
556 Posts
i have a picture of one in an old painting guide from 1989, they look hilarious

·
The Fallen
7,745 Posts
If I could get sufficiently motivated I could be persuaded to scan the old Squat rules and army lists in and email them

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.