Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey people, just a quick question (sorry if its already been asked...). I'm adding in some SoBs to my guard army for some diversity (the list is in the Guard army lists section if people want to have a look) and in the first incarnation I was going to take Celestine as the 1 allowed HQ, but I wasn't sure if that was legal. Its not been mentioned in either of the FAQs. Any ideas?

·
durus
2,578 Posts
Unfortunatly I think it would not be legal. Our 'Dex says she can be taken in a Witch Hunters army of 1500pts or more, so I don't think you could add it to a Guard army.

The good news is that regular mounted Sisters squads and Seraphim can be nice additions to an IG list.:soldier:

·
Bugs'r us!
1,242 Posts
On the other hand if somebody would be interested in using her together with other stuff, I'd allow it any day. If I knew before I was there I'd even suplied the model if the players wants to test:p

Though if somebody just wants her with nothing else I'd be a bit reluctant...

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just wasn't sure so I've now gone for a jump Canoness to follow some tank hunting seraphim, as well as some rhino sisters with flamers and some celestians in an immolator (i know it might not be practical but i wanted one dammit!!!)

The model is just so nice, and she is nearly the same as sabbat is on Herodor which is also a draw :) (why they made a new character still baffles me a bit, would have been pretty much copy/paste). I guess one day I will expand on the sisters contingent and have a separate force.

·
Bugs'r us!
1,242 Posts
And you can always use the model as awesome cannonness;)

·
Registered
174 Posts
The only downside to a jump canoness with seraphim is that they lose hit and run, whereas with St Celestine, it specifically states that she has the hit and run ability.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
The only downside to a jump canoness with seraphim is that they lose hit and run, whereas with St Celestine, it specifically states that she has the hit and run ability.
Unless you get charged (which you shouldn't!!) you can just break her off in the turn before you assault.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah wasn't planning on combining her to the squad, just floating around together with similar goals. Using the Celestine model seems like a good idea...

Anyone got any comments on my list (see guard armies forum)?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts