Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What situation makes it so archers cannot stand and shoot as a reaction (barring odd spells or magic item effects). In the book it says something like "You can't take a stand and shoot reaction if the charging unit is within half it's charging distance"

Does that mean half the distance a unit could move normally? Or half the distance after your roll on a 2D6 as a charger? Or half your total movement plus 12 (the max charge distance)?

I have a feeling I'm taking a hell of a lot more stand and shoot reactions than I should have to.

·
Registered
36 Posts
They can't stand and shoot if they are within move distance, four inches for warriors/seven for knights. So if warriors are four inches away from what they're charging, that unit cannot stand and shoot.

If you cause terror they gotta take a panic test.

·
Registered
222 Posts
The "Half" is as mentioned above, 4 for your infantry, 7 for knights. (your normal move is the distance a normal marchmove would take you),so if you are within 4, with your infantry when you issue your charge they do not get to make a stand and shoot unless they have the special rule "Quick to fire"
It is also worth mentioning that if you "charge" something with a spawn, scyla or a hellcannon (due to rampage) the enemy you charge with these things do NOT get to make any charge reaction except "hold" (p74 random movement)

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Awesome, thanks guys. I was taking shots at HALF my move distance, or anything greater than 2 inches. So this will help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts