Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At first I thought I'de repaint my SM army to look like Stormtroopers and the like... but now I'm thinking IG to look like Them because they have much better rules for it So I thought I'de start like so

1) Codex
2) Battleforce
3) 5 Rattling sqaud (I don't know WHERE I got them from..)

And then later I'll get...

1) Commad suad
2) 2 Armegadon Sentnels
3) 1 Chimera
4) 2 More squads of Guardsman

Sound good?

·
Professional Lurker
2,085 Posts
what doctrines will you use? im thinking light infantry ratlings enginseers ogryns and storm troopers

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
...... I dunno.. I'm still trying to decide which army to use.... I was jsut wondering if it was a good way to start.....

·
Registered
97 Posts
To do Storm troopers? I would recommend for doctrines something like, Iron Discipline, Die Hards(?), Carapace, and whatever else is Star Warsy. Go for lots of Mars pattern sentinels for walkers. Probably heavy weapon platoons as your heavy choices.

·
Registered
222 Posts
are there real star wars stormtrooper models for sale? i heard there's a star wars D&D-like game out there. maybe you can buy those but i bet they're expensive.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Why not play Star Wars miniatures battles instead? :) West End Games published this game, along with a shitload of miniatures intended for both the miniatures battle game and their role playing game. Unfortunately all these products are out of print, which doesn't mean they're hard to come by or expensive. They regularly show up on auction sites like ebay, and are also sold on a discount by most game stores who still have them in stock, atleast here in Sweden. As there isn't much of a market out there for them (gaming wise) the prices are usually cut on these products - no matter how collectible some ppl might think they are.

The models are fine btw, but are true 25mm scale - so they look alot smaller than present day GW models.

There's even a rancor model for the game, btw. :D

You can find pics of them on Stuff of Legends - which is a great site for any miniature historian btw. :)

/Phreedh

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm considering writing my own rules for it... I would not play it... But It'de be fun to write 'em up... I also might just pick an army that suits the rules but just use different models... (Would I be aloud to play in tournies still??? Or no... No right?)

·
Registered
123 Posts
If you're going to play an Imperial Army you should have all of your troop choices be Conscript Platoons.

I know, giving Stormtroopers a balistic skill of 2 is giving them way too much credit. But hey, If your whole army had a BS of 1 you'd loose all the time.

Uncle Jesse

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.