Librarium Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hmm...Railguns aren't gonna save you if those Termites deep strike into your lines. I suggest that you get your Crisis suits, load them with Fusion Blasters / Plasma Rifles, and get relatively close, but not too close, for obvious reasons. Utilize the Suits' assault move to full effect, and dance around the big slow Termies. If you absolutely MUST use railguns, have markerlights in there also. It's very embarrassing having the most infamous gun in the army miss by a mile.
Anyway...that's my two cence..

·
Registered
295 Posts
miss by a mile? lol... then what is markerlights?

u really think I would go in with termies? nah.. I would drop those with land raiders instead.. and if the scenario allows deep strike, I would hunt u down with assault troops and DC:s... far more effective than termies... ;P

·
Registered
23 Posts
Is it just me or does Digimon sound really...foreign or something ?
Anyways I don't really have much experience fighting said armies but I would probably use Railguns and markerlights as mentioned before, if you have some Kroot get them to CC the deep-strikers maybe (I don't know how good they are in CC) to get precious time to run away. :D

·
Registered
523 Posts
Originally posted by humankillerz11@Mar 30 2003, 06:23
kroots are pointe less against deathwings they'll die in seconds plus they'll take up to much pointe space

They make good speed bumps actually. I know its not the Tau way but if you have a unit of 10 of them or less about 8 inches from your firewarrior line under the new rules theyll get attacked and hopefully run. In the new assualt rules there are no sweeping advances only consolidation so theyll end up sitting there within rapid fire range. Coordinate with some suits and tanks few things can take that amount of firepower.

Kroot are not bad their just misunderstood.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Against Termies you need to go with lots of plasma rifles. Even twin link them if you are having a bad day. Also, take Broadsides with plasma rifles (Death Wing's worst fear) rail guns against the land raiders plasma vs termies. You should do grand.

·
Registered
182 Posts
9 rail gun, heh max out ur hvy support,
deploy ur units spread out

all battle suits armed with fusion OR plasma

and juss...fire away!

they deep strike, run away from the unit they engaged in cc. There is no way ur gonna win it

·
Registered
135 Posts
You are waisting points by putting that many Broadsides in that army. They only have one AP 1 shot. While the Plasma Rifle twin linked on a Crisis shas'vre with a target lock is only 59 points AND it can move, rapid fire (2 shots Twin linked at AP 2 and needs twos to wound, thats the same thing a rail gun needs to wound) and move 6 inches back into cover. While the stock Broadside is 70points with a target lock it now cost 75 points and it has to stay stationary to fire it's railgun. Thats about 15 points per suit you are saving, if you get rid of 3 broad sides that 45 more points. Don't take it that Broadsides are bad but I would take only one squad of 3 (even thats alot) to take out land raiders and other tanks.

·
Registered
523 Posts
I wish you could hw one thing for all crisis team members instead of just the leader. The even the elite crisis team can really put out some firepower. Not that they cant now but if they could just hw one item it would make all the difference.

·
Registered
182 Posts
yeah, but dey gotta try and even the teams out. I dunno y tau dunt use their technology to augment their bs...tau should have better bs, das one thing i tink needs to change

·
Registered
523 Posts
I agree it would follow up more with their fluff. They like to shoot, you telling me they fire only average shooters. :huh: It seems they would either of developed better hand eye coordination or developed Drones with target locks like for the vehicles that traveld around with a unit. You could only have one and if it was destroyed all BS's in the squad would be reduced by 1 or something like that. I think it would make sense but thats just me.

·
Registered
135 Posts
You guys have to realize that if tau had a BS of 4 that would make them pure evil against any oppoent that had troops. Look at that rifle of their's, 30 inch range with S 5 and AP 5 now immagain them with a BS of 4 that would add more onto the Tau cheese list. If you can beat some one with an army that is infearior than their's that is true victory. B)

·
Registered
129 Posts
to wipe out just about any marine squad I just take two Shas'os with two body guards... the leaders have plasma rifle, fusion blaster, multitracker and 2 HW shield drones... the bodyguards have twin-linked plasmas, fusion blaster and HW multitracker.... I run both squads up (or wait for them to come) to a marine unit so that i am within 12"..... you get 2 shots plasma and 1 fusion from each suit... 6 suits = no armor save shots.... then you run away in the assualt phase......

there is really no way to avoid annilation.... if they got invuls you can make a huge dent regardless...... it works..... these squads are the bane of marines...... it gets a little expensive but i usally play bigger battles and they are extremely useful and pay for themselves every time...... additionally... if you take 2 more shas'vres operating in the Elite section with the same gear as bodyguards then you can send each HQ in seperate directions with an shas'vre friend.... therefore you can still wipe out a squd with 12 ap 1 and ap 2 shots......

sound good?? any better suggestions?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.