Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Born from Tears of Angels
1,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Title pretty much states it, I want to make a standard, long term list for my Bret army. Even though it will take some time for me to get them into the playable condition, I want to have some type of plan for the next couple months. Anyway, the point value is 3000 and I tried to make it fairly balanced between infantry and cavalry. Basically I read over the last 20 - 30 lists and learned whatever I could before making this one here. Good suggestions will be rewarded.

LORD (263)

· Bretonnian Lord – Grail Vow, Virtue Of Knightly Temper, Lance, Sword Of Might, Gauntlet Of The Dual, Dragon Claw, Barded Warhorse

HEROES (124) (139) (131) (134) (124)

· 1st Paladin – Knight’s Vow, Morning Star of Fracasse, Armor of Agilulf, Barded Warhorse
· 2nd Paladin – Knight’s Vow, Virtue Of Impetuous Knight, Banner Of Defense, Barded Warhorse
· 3rd Paladin – Questing Vow, Virtue of Empathy, Great Weapon, Token of the Damsel, Barded Warhorse
· Damsel – Silver Mirror, Potion Sacre, Barded Warhorse
· Damsel – Chalice of Malfleur, Dispel Scroll, Barded Warhorse

CORE (144) (144) (216) (250) (201) (140) (140) (80)

· 5 Knights of the Realm – FC
Led by: Damsel

· 5 Knights of the Realm – FC
Led by: Damsel

· 8 Knights of the Realm – FC
Led by: 2nd Paladin

· 8 Knights Errant - FC, Errantry Banner
Led by: 1st Paladin

· 9 Knights of the Realm – FC, Banner Of Chalons

· 25 Men at Arms – Musician, Standard Bearer
· 25 Men at Arms – Musician, Standard Bearer
· 10 Peasant Bowmen – Braziers, Skirmishers, Musician

SPECIAL

· Grail Reliquae - 24 Additional Pilgrims
Led by: 3rd Paladin

· 3 Pegasus Knights

RARE

· Trebuchet
· Trebuchet
· Trebuchet

·
King of Librarium's Tombs
7,143 Posts
First off, the Damsel cannot have the Mirror and the Potion, they are both arcane. Personally i wouldnt take either, but keep one if you like.

I think you may have gona a little overboard Character wse, putting a bit too many points into them, espacially the Paladins. They dont all need Magic gear, even with basic Mundane setuos they are pretty good.

The Damsels are wasted in small KotR nits. They are put Mid Lance to grant Mag Resist to a large unit. Small Bret units should be used in single ranks like other Knights, not in Lance. Id suggest having a couple of units of 7 Realms, each with a Paladin and Damsel in.

Errants are good, but dont have them lead by a Character.

Add another Pegasi to the unit. Im temped to say get a second Lord, and have him on a Pesagus, so you can iclude another unit or two of 3 Pegasus.

Im not sure about the 3 Trebuchets, possibly loose one for some Grails, joned by your Lord.

·
Consumate professional
2,863 Posts
In 3000 points id definatly fit some grail Knights in there as a rare choice- they are just too good to leave at home if you have points for them

·
Born from Tears of Angels
1,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
In 3000 points id definatly fit some grail Knights in there as a rare choice- they are just too good to leave at home if you have points for them
Very true, and I fully agree but I strongly dislike putting a heavy load of points into small but powerful units. This is going to be especialy true when it comes to dwarf warmachines and artillery of other races, the grail knights will be the number one thing targeted by them.

Regarding the damsels, I fully agree and I will modify the list the moment I get back home.

Regarding 3 trebuchets, is it an overkill? I never had the pleasure of using them in the past. The only reason I took 3 is to target large enemy units, lets say a unit of 30 black orks, or an 25 man HE spearmen unit.

Regarding the Bret lord, would it be better to stick him on a pegasus since he is a loner?

·
King of Librarium's Tombs
7,143 Posts
Stone throwers, generally arent that brilliant compared to other machines. The only one I lik is the TK SSC, and thats because of its special rule. The Bret one des have incresed Str, though i dont think its quite enough to justify its use generally, especially 3 of them.

As for he Lord, being your General he could really do with having a unit to Join, and at 3K id say best not o have your General flying around alone.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts