Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I 've just started playing blood angels and I'm not sure what to get first. i've already got a chaplain and a couple of tac squads with rhinos but I got 150 dollars to burn so I thinking of getting a termie squad is this a good choice?

·
Registered
229 Posts
Get the death company, probably the best hth space marine troops to offer - id buy 8-10 death company sm. Id only take terminators in large games (1500pts +). Blood angels are all about cc, and the death company give your PLENTY of cc. Put the chaplin in the death company and maybe add an additional Hq choice (chaplin or commander). Get some assault marines as well, about 5-10, depending on how much youve got left.

·
1,256 Posts
Don't get the termie squad, termies are a point sink for blood angels, if you are looking to get assault cannons pick up some baal preds, if you want CC grab some scouts...they have 2 attacks, furious charge, infiltrate, and are very inexpensive. Also they often can attack mostly unmolested because people think that it is more important to shoot at DC (suckers) than at things that will actually kill them.

Some people don't like it, but if you have three small tac squads (no rhinos) with lascannons for anit vehicle, and three full scout squads, and a chappy for the death company, you have a lot of guys, a few las cannons, and some speed to get around the board and chop guys down. (*that is probably just over a thousand points)

Just make sure that you don't leave your all your scouts out to dry as they need the charge to really take people down.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Ok. Scout squads are very effective in BA. grab 10, + vet sarge w/ powerfist and thats only 158 points i think. Squads of 6 with Las plas combo are also good. they add to the death company, and can anti tank for you. Never take a dev squad. you dont want to waste those 4 heavy weaps. Take veichles for heavy weapons. A chaplain is a good place to start for a hq. because of the death company. :p

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay this is my list

chaplain w/ death company
terminator honours
bolt pistol
jump pack
meltabombs
221p

Codicier
plasma pistol
artificer armour
junp pack
might of heroes
155p

dreadnought
lascannon
missile launcher
135p

tactical squad
8 bolt pistol CCW
meltagun
vet sarge w/pw bolt pistol
mounted in rhino

tactical squad
4 bolters
heavy bolter
80p

tactical squad
3 bolters
plasmagun
lascannon
115p

assault squad
6 bolt pistol CCw
164p

assault squad
7 bolt pistolCCw
vet sarge w/ pw bolt pistol
186p

land speeder
multimeltas
130p

devastator squad
1 bolter
4 missile launchers
1499p

·
Registered
925 Posts
I dont like this list. the small assault squads will be destroyed easily. IMO asssault squads are only worth taking if they are 8-10 man.
The small dev squad is bad. Just take another tak squad.

·
Hrimfar
525 Posts
I think you should get your hands on a Baal. Myself I've got two of them. And of course, get some DC models with jump packs (totally worth the points - no points at all!). You should also get some scouts and maybe a dred.....a las/mis dred that is.....or just las.

·
Hrimfar
525 Posts
Sounds like an idea - with might of heroes or veil of time that's where he belong. But you should seriously start thinking about starting an honour guard for him, that way you can get almost anything you need to the squad...

·
Registered
909 Posts
You should probably post this in the army list section,you will get more help there.
Anyway ill tell ya what i think of the list

Mephiston the king said:
chaplain w/ death company
terminator honours
bolt pistol
jump pack
meltabombs
221p
Nothing wrong here,nice work but i don't think you will need the melta bombs.Your Death Company powerfists can take care of tanks just fine.

Mephiston the king said:
Codicier
plasma pistol
artificer armour
junp pack
might of heroes
155p
Hmmm i don't like this.I think in 1500 points its best to just stick with the death company.These points could be better spent on buying assault troops in your assault squads or a full maxed out scout squad as bonjordo suggested,they rock on,they are really strong.

Mephiston the king said:
dreadnought
lascannon
missile launcher
135p
Not too bad of a choice.Provides some decent anti-tank support.

Mephiston the king said:
tactical squad
8 bolt pistol CCW
meltagun
mounted in rhino
I don't like rhinos at all so i suggest you ditch them,drop pods are better.Pretty nice squad although i like powerfists on sergeant so they pack a real nasty punch and can engage and damge high toughness targets.

Mephiston the king said:
tactical squad
4 bolters
heavy bolter
80p
Don't like this at all.I mean you will most probably loose a marine to Death Company,so that will leave you with 2 normal marines and the HB marine.Easy pickings for the enemy and then you gice them 80 VPs just like that.For 80 points instead you could buy a landspeeder tornado with a HB & and AC.And is is fast and will most probably go very unnoticed due to your enemy most probably devoting their firepower into the Death Company and your assault squads.Worth thinking about.

Mephiston the king said:
tactical squad
3 bolters
plasmagun
lascannon
115p
Too small squad size,need to bump them up by 2 marines atleast.Apart from that good anti-tank squad i dont think the plasma gun is neccasary seeing as you wont be getting too close to the enemy and you wont be in range most of the time.

Mephiston the king said:
assault squad
6 bolt pistol CCw
164p
Bump it up! You need more marines to allow you to take casualites going into combat and still be able to hit nice and strong when you eventually reach it.I always like 10 men strong,but i think 8 is the bare minimum,no less! Thats an order comrad! :lol:
Also give the sergeant a powerfist.

Mephiston the king said:
assault squad
7 bolt pistolCCw
vet sarge w/ pw bolt pistol
186p
Same as above.Also plasma pistols are an idea.They are very nice at soffening up the target before yu charge,especially if its tough and the bolt pistols wont do much.

Mephiston the king said:
land speeder
multimeltas
130p
Pretty nice although i just prefer my small tac squads with lascannons and sit back and take shots,find it works nicely for me.

Mephiston the king said:
devastator squad
1 bolter
4 missile launchers
1499p
Big no no! Well for me anyway.I dont like to spend 200 points into a squad and run the risk of them blood raging and then not being able to shoot.But if i cant sway you on it and you really want these guys you definately need to bump the numbers up to 8 marines and 4 of them having ML's

From what i see you need more assaulting power and you need to adjust your shooting units abit as well.
I suggest you get some scouts! Whoa! Blood Angles scouts are totally awesome.

Also Baal predators are a thing to seriously think about.They are such an awesome piece of machinary.They provide so much firepower and dramatically thin out your opponents numbers and weaken them for your assaults.Plus they can move up with the rest of your army and still fire all its weapons.Baals are just awesome,you gotta at least try em.

Hope i helped,atleast abit

Cheers,
Tycho

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Okay this is my new list

chaplain w/deth company
terminator honours
bolt pistol
+artificer armuor
+Jump Pack
bionics
226p

Dreadnought
lascannon
missile launcher
extra armour
140p

Tactical sqaud (10)
8 bolter
1 meltagun
Vet Sarge w/ pw bolt pistol
+frag grenades
drop pod
190p

Tactical squad(9)
8 bolters
Heavy bolter

Tactical Squad(9)
7 bolters
plasma gun
lascannon
130p

Assault Squad(10)
9 Bolt pistol CCW
Vet sarge power weapon bolt pistol p
230p

land speeder
muiltimelta
65p

devastator sqaud
5 bolter
4 missile launchers
215p

baal predator
heavy bolter sponsons
extra armour
125p

·
Registered
210 Posts
Okay then a few changes needed me thinks?

HQ
chaplain w/death company
terminator honours
bolt pistol
Frags
+Jump Pack
232p

Think you were out on your points there I wouldn't bother with Artificer armour your DC will protect you from shooting and when the chaplain gets hit It'll usually be with PW/PF ignoring the armour.

Dreadnought
lascannon
missile launcher
extra armour
140p

Nice platform for anti-tank duties

Tactical sqaud (10)
8 bolter
1 meltagun
Vet Sarge w/ PF bolt pistol
+frag grenades
drop pod
230p

Again I think your points were out, for the extra five points the PF is a must with ANY large unit with a drop pod you'll always want the PF as you'll usually get charged rather then charge, hence the hard hitting PF.

Tactical squad(5)
4 Bolters
plasma gun
Lascannon
Vet Sgt
(105)
+
Razorback
TL-Lascannon EA

I think you have enough anti-Infantry weapons what you lack Is anti-tank, also naked vet for the DC, I've dropped your Devs for the two razorbacks these won't be affected by the black rage but will also porvide more reliable anti-tank and extra mobility. Just an Idea

Tactical Squad(5)
4 bolters
lascannon
Vet Sgt
(105)
+
Razorback
TL-Lascannon EA
(105)

See above

Assault Squad(10)
9 Bolt pistol CCW
Vet sarge power Fist bolt pistol
2 x Plasma Pistols
(260)

For ten points the plasma pistols are a bargain and are great for knocking down squads before you charge In quite good for bashing light tanks as well, PF again Is personal preference.

land speeder
HB/Ass-cannon

Good speeder but tornado Is the way to go If possible

baal predator
heavy bolter sponsons
Storm bolter
extra armour
135p

Killer tank great choice!

(1497)

Don't know If you have all the models above Just thought I'd throw a few different tried and tested options your way.

·
Registered
925 Posts
I will say it again. Blood angels should only take tanks for anti tanks/infantry.
Why? because on a roll of a 1 that dev squad isnt going to be able to shoot those 4 mls. take more baal preds.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts