Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings fellow residents of the warp,

I have a favor to ask thee.

I've just started with chaos, though I've had intrest in it for much longer. But now I am making my first armylist. 1500 points as a start.

Now, do you guys have any tips for making a 1500 points list? for example, never use a greater deamon.

It would be helpfull. Maybe you know what squad sizes are best.

May the Blood God and the Changer of Ways watch over you,

Reno

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
For starting chaos player, I always say start a Black Legion army. Starting BL (or an army of your own, using BL rules) is best because it gives you a chance to use every chaos unit. This way you can work on what units and tactics work best for you, and expand from there. Perhaps you find yourself wanting to expand to the rock hard toughness of a Death Guard army, or maybe the insane attack skills of a World Eater berzerker army. OR you may like the tactical diversity of an undivided army. This way you will be able to try out all different units before deciding to specialize your army or not. You can try out the different daemons, marked units, unmarked units. And to do this I'd get the Chaos Space Marine Megaforce. If you can't come up with another $40 then at least the Chaos Space Marine Battleforce. But im gonna let you in on an even cheaper way. Go to the GW website and find out the units in the megaforce and then just go on ebay! lol On ebay you can get a ton of guys for relatively cheap. I'd try to get all the units in the megaforce and maybe another tactical squad or raptors or a marked unit (plague marines/noise marines) if you prefer. But remember putting them all together and painting them is the #1 reason (that I see) people quit a new army. They get lazy. At least put them together and play em' while simultaneously painting them at your leisure.

·
Librarian from Hell
4,133 Posts
For the greater Evil.

Another good thing to do is to check out the armylist board, there is tons of armylists with a great diversity. There you'll see quite a few advices given again and again. Other than that I can but recommend you to read the codex carefully and pay some extra attention to p38.
Then make a list before you rush to buy the models so we can point you in the "right" direction or at least let you avoid some common mistakes.

Oh, and welcome to the dark side.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts