Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, my chaos army is just about done, and I was thinking of starting an army with an entirely diffrent play style. so I picked up the codex, and I just had a couple of questions regarding the army, and some tactics in general.

I was planning to get at least 2-3 raiders, as well as the wariors to go with them, as well as an archon, for the basic starting group. From That point, probally some wyches, and a raider, Some reavers, and mabey a talos.

so all in all,
30 Wariors
10 wyches
DE Lord
5 reavers
talos
4 Raiders

And I just wanted to know,if this a good starting path? where would the best place to stick an Dark Lord be? with a warior squad, with incubi? in a reaver, or footsloging? mabey on a bike?

And also am I Wasting money on the raiders, when I could instead be droping Webway portals? can I bring a raider/ talos/ raveger in through a WWP? Are Ravegers worth it?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Yes , it seems prety. And you can bring your ravagers , taloses and raiders from webway portal. Its a good way for protect your raiders from enemy fire, and bringing the talos to battle faster, but not for ravagers and not in less than 1000 points game.
Ravger is worth for 120 points , if you are using it with two dissies and a horrorfex , can disable and anihilate a squad, but its fragle like anything in DE army. And it is one of best tank hunters in game , with 3 dark lances , just for 105 points.

I hope it helps

·
Registered
51 Posts
I prefer a hellion for my lord. But it is little hard and risky. You need hide him very good behind the terrains, or beyond your units. Or he will be shoot by a lot of bolters and die. As retinue, why should i give more support to someone already can wipe out squads of marines alone, instead of adding strength to another weak link? (maybe drachon, without a shadowfield, she will need help)
For incubi , they are perfect marine killers. But they cost too much. If you are facing imperial guard , eldar , tau or something you can easyly deal with your basic warriors, they are complately useless. But it is good thing to see them assoulting enemy's Chaos Choosens :).

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
One thing you could also do is put the retinue with your Dracon, leaving the Archon (on a Skyboard or Bike) much more free to react to changes on the field. Of course, that's probably going to be a 500 point or more HQ in total. . .

·
Born from Tears of Angels
1,768 Posts
Thats a good start for 1000 points, but a talos is an interesting tool to use. If you dont take WWP then consider its use as absorbing enemy fire just like a wrathlord. If you take WWp you will spend some points for a ood strategy and you will use the talos for close combat. My opinion is take a ravager. For wyches, definitely take a succubi with agoniser, equip the whole squad with wich weapons. Warriors need heavy weapons, Splinter cannons against lightly armored and highly numbered and dark lances vs heavy armored and lightly numbered units. As for Hq in 1000 point army, I would suggest an archon on a reaver with agoniser, grugs, shadow field and scissorhand. I heard this way you maximize his abilities, but I dont know from experience since my force has archon, 8 incubi and a master all on raider.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts