Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently decided that I wanted to start collecting a new army.. I figured Eldar would be a good choice since their models are pretty cool.

My main opponent is going to be playing Tyranids, and he's pretty good. What are some things that I should bring/ not bring? I think the plastic skimmer models looks awesome, and would have no problem fielding a whole bunch of them. Would a skimmer-heavy army work against Tyranids? If not, what does work from your experience with Tyranids?

Thanks!

·
Registered
545 Posts
Most likely you will need at least one thing with a high strength and good AP weapon for the carnifexes. Dire avengers rip through the swarms quite nicely but do still need a way to get away. There is only one nid player at my local shop and he's an old vet... The best advice I can really give is aim for the synaps (sp.) creatures early and just hope they go down fast, after that the small creatures should be easy to take out and you should be able to pick on any of the massive creatures on your own terms.

·
378 Posts
Just a pointer.

5th edition is bound to come out and according to the guy at my local GW shop vehicles will SEVERELY get nerfed (most of all skimmers) and will be able to shoot only one weapon while moving (support weapons being S4 or less) and troops will be very important, as they will be your main means of winning a battle (they are the only ones who can capture objectives and VPs are used only in case of objective ties)

Keep that in mind while you are making your army, so that you don't find yourself with womething completely obsolete in a years time (which according to statistics is what will take you to get your army finished! =P )

·
Registered
147 Posts
Mainly it is Falcon's that are being nerfed. I think Fire Prisms are not going to suffer that much due to their rediculous range and only having one main weapon.

Mindwar is pretty good for taking out synapse creatures, and it may scare your opponnent not to put that Carnifex on your Farseer's side of the table. I'm a big fan of Flying Seer Councils which consist of a Farseer with support powers and Warlocks, they are quite fearsome as they fulfill many roles but this can also be their downside.

Specifically for Tyranids Dire Avengers with their rediculous number of shots, and Striking Scorpions due to their high number of attacks are great, good luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.