Librarium Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does 10 rangers and Karandras sound like a good way to start?
Or does 5 rangers 8 Dire avangers and Karandras sound better?
I'm going for a fast, Steathy, suprise army.

Thanks for any help given.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
well karandras needs approval from opponent, i would suggest the avatar. he is cheap in points and VERY effective. the farseer is usully for specilist roles, such as aiding a squad or many squads with guide and fortune, but the avatar just gets into cc. the farseer u dont jsut buy to buy, u buy cuz u need him to do something

if yur starting out, get an avatar. plus its a great model.

next, pick up 1-2 boxes of guardians and some heavy weapons platofrms
wraithlords too..gotta be one of the best things in the game.(toughest and strongest)

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have $50 to spend now... And I want a small force.. Should I go for Altioc or Beil-tan? I could get 5 scorpians with leader. 5 Banshees with leader. And then propably Kasandras. Or I could get two 5 man ranger squads and a Farseer.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
if u got 50 bucks then get the farseer( ALOT cheaper then avatar) and a box of guardians. that will be about 40 dollars and ten dollars to get a warlock for yuour guardian squad, or heavy weapon platofrm for the guardians.

this would be a very small force, but effective for trying out the eldar and testing wat u like

beil tan tends to be expensive since there alot of aspect warriors and the aspect warriors ocme in blisters of 2 for about 10 dollars and u need like a squad of ten.

i think it would be best to play vanilla eldar, get a feel for them, buy thingd your gonna use in just about any craftowrld, and then decide wat craftworld u wanna do by yur expeience with the models youv played with and wat u like.

i did that and i loved the guardians, so i decided to play ulthwe.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Why not just go with a vanilla Eldar force? Thats what i'm donig for my army, but you may want to choose a cool looking craftworld paint scheme (I'm painting my Eldar Ulthwè but i'm still going vanilla) so that way if you ever want to go with a craftworld army you already got a lot painted in the scheme.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I want a small force that I can play with... so 1 HQ and 2 Troops.
Also I don't want to do Vinilla Eldar.. I'm desiding between Altioc, Sam-hie, And Bel-tia
(I spelled thoughs wrong)
I have 75 dollars not 65 :p (Big difference)

·
Registered
188 Posts
Ok if u want to play saim hann ur gonna need a nice big chunk of money and see ing as you dont have that, i would suggest maybe playing alaitoc, they are fun and not too expensive. With $75 you could start a decent sized army. Start of with:

Farseer- $10
Warlock- $7
Guardian Box- $30
8 Rangers- $28

Then add some more Rangers and 2 Vypers and some scorpians/banshees and you got a nice 1000 pt army.

·
Registered
100 Posts
The Farseer is really good, it would only be stupid to stand up some of the best psykers in the game.
And to all you morons who haven't understood it yet: Phoenix Lords can join any Squad, but they make their own aspect fearless.
I'd get a Farseer and a Phoenix Lord (The Avatar isn't so stealthy)

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ok, so I should get the stuff Sifer said?
I was thinking maybe 10 rangers (2, 5 man squads)
And then I could get some aspect warriors, Or I could get Dire avangers or somthing. Maybe a Vyper.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
get some guardians some of the best troops in the same. last night i wiped a tactical squad of the board by fire 40 shuriken shots in them, guided by a farseer(well seer coucil)

saim hann is for the more advaced eldar players imo, si if this is yur first lsit, then i wouldnt try it. beil tan is cheesy and alatoic is cool. pathfinder are disgusting.

but i would do vanilla eldar till u get a fell for them. u dont have ot paint to play so just play a couple games with various units.

avatar is nice tho...speciaclly in beil tan...court of the young fing..<drool>

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ok so.

1 Farseer
1 Warlock
16 Guardian
8 Ranger

Or I could get

1 Farseer
32 guardians

Or

1 Farseer
1 Warlock
10 Rangers
8 Dire avangers

Or

1 Farseer
4 Warlocks
10 Rangers

Or

1 Farseer
1 Warlock
10 Rangers
5 Striking scorpians/ Or Howling banshees

Or

1 Farseer
1 Warlock
10 Rangers
1 Vyper (This group is 77 dollars not 75) I think it'll be fine though

Or

1 Avater
8 Rangers
4 Dark reapers

Or

1 Avater
8 Rangers
8 Dire avagers

Or

1 Avater
16 Guardians
4 Dark reapers

Or

1 Avater
16 guardians
8 Dire avangers

lol so many choices.

I'm thinking this one

1 Farseer
1 Warlock
10 Rangers
5 Striking scorpians/ Or Howling banshees
Because it gives me some nice HTH power and some nice Shooting power.
THoughts?

·
Registered
188 Posts
I would actually go with the 1 Farseer, 1 warlock, 10 Rangers, 5 Scorps/Howling Banshees then. Because then u have a nice amount of rangers and some good CC guys which u can stick your farseer with, give the farseer a witchblade, S. Pistol, and Fortune and they will be hell to kill. You can stick the warlock with them too and give them conceal/enhancement to make them even harder to kill.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.