Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
I'm Back!
2,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello: I have a question regarding starting experiance. If a ganger starts out with 20 + d6 exp. does he get to roll 4 times on the advancement table for going up from a juve or does he just start out with 0 advancement (also, want to know if this applies to heavies and gang leaders)

·
The Future
4,848 Posts
No, the advances he would have gained have already been taken into account (BS, WS, Ld and the other is lost - I like to think of it as fixing an injury). Same for Heavies and Leaders - you only get advances for levels they gain while in your employ.

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
No, the advances he would have gained have already been taken into account (BS, WS, Ld and the other is lost - I like to think of it as fixing an injury). Same for Heavies and Leaders - you only get advances for levels they gain while in your employ.
Yep, there was a discussion a bit back about alternate ways of doing experience. Such as buying a ganger and giving him 3 advance rolls or 4 and an injury. Personally though i'd rather keep the standard profile, for the reliability. You'll find out what I mean when you roll up advances for your heavy to find he's WS5 S4 and I4 ...it happens...

The Emperor Protects

·
Registered
54 Posts
Yep, there was a discussion a bit back about alternate ways of doing experience. Such as buying a ganger and giving him 3 advance rolls or 4 and an injury. Personally though i'd rather keep the standard profile, for the reliability. You'll find out what I mean when you roll up advances for your heavy to find he's WS5 S4 and I4 ...it happens...

The Emperor Protects
On the flip side though, you could end up with a more seasoned fighter for your money. Such are the vagaries of the dice.

·
The Future
4,848 Posts
On the flip side though, you could end up with a more seasoned fighter for your money. Such are the vagaries of the dice.
You certainly shouldn't do this for your heavy - as his ability to use heavy weapons is part of his XP, and you can't roll that. This is one rule I would be heavily against if my gaming group suggested it, because the difference between the stats of each starting type is fundamental to the way the first few games of a campaign play out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts