Votes: 0 0.0%
  • different IG army

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well what should i include in my army, i don't have the codex but i'm getting one soon. do you think i should do an other gaurd army? should i wait for plasitic Cadians? what to use would be a great help too THX

·
Registered
278 Posts
Gettting an entire Tanith Ghost army isn't exactly a good idea. They do look cool but they are entirelly light infantry. you are better off having them as support units for another regiment.

·
Registered
76 Posts
or what you could do is to use your tanith models as the basic troopers of a standard army, that way it looks cool and you still get tanks, which of course would be appropriately painted, maybe even have camo cloaks too?!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Dont do ghosts their rules suck. Why wood you want to get close to the enemy with the guards stats. Wait 4 Cadians

·
Lord of the Household
1,733 Posts
I agree with the guyz above...

Wait for the Cadians...

·
Registered
33 Posts
Commisar_Cragg and the others have it right. Wait for the Cadian's, plastic is way beter for both the pocketbook and converting. I'm not even thinking about anything requiring that many metal mini's. :huh:

·
1,019 Posts
On the risk of sounding unoriginal.

Wait for Cadians

Although i dont know the ghosts stats. Are they any good?

·
Registered
97 Posts
I say play the army you want to. If you use Cadians, and you really want Ghosts, have a small detachment of ghosts in your army. I am making an all steel legion model army... yeah it's costly, but it's the army I want to play. Besides, the fluff for the Ghosts are pretty cool, and the characters are pretty neat to.

Oh of course though, don't play a purely ghost army, you'll get beat down.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I play an enitre ghost army made entirely from the models from the blisters (no conversions!), they're a heck of a lot of fun to play with, but you WILL lose a lot of models and get beat down very often, unless you find some good cover, then you'll be alright. They have wicked rules but they lack any sort of armour (if you play by the fluff), and the armour is what most gaurd armies are all about. I suggest playing whatever you feel like, and if you want a challenge, go Ghost, if you want tanks and a whole lot of other really destructive things, go Cadian

1 - 12 of 12 Posts