Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm starting a speed freekz army and ive got the codex and all that stuf but im wondering what I should buy first

·
Registered
255 Posts
If you're going for speed freeks, 3-4 boxes is definately excessive IMO. The real question is, do you want to scratch build your own vehicles? It's a great way to personalise your army, make it look better than the GW pieces o' crap, and save a lot of cash as well. ;)

If you don't, buying a few trukk boyz squads (8 boys and a trukk) might be a good idea. Otherwise, getting, say, two boxes of boys and some scratch-building kit would work.

·
429 Posts
objectives?

i play speed freeks, and i LOVE them, but i play them because they're hilarious, not because they're effective, my infantry horde orcs are for that. speed freeks can win, but you need lots and lots of trukks, which = lots and lots of $. IMHO, it all comes down to what you want to get out of your list. if you want effectiveness, and want to play orcs, go with a list based in infantry (shoota and slugga boyz and flash gitz) with some back up fire power (looted basilisk works wonders in that capacity) if you want to be the comic relief of the battlefield, have alot of fun, and occasionally surprise the enemy with a win, go for speed freeks. they can still be deadly if you don't want to spend the cash on trukks, through conversion, but one way or another, you need those wartukks, and lots of them to be effective as speed freeks, so again, i'd examine your wishes for the list first. i hope this helped, good luck Waaaaaaaaaaaaagh!

·
Registered
255 Posts
Sounds to me like somebody's been driving their trukks straight up the field at their enemy...

If you're starting speed freeks, definately read this great tacticta. (NOTE: Unfortunately, the URL is down at the moment for forum upgrading, but I'll post the link when it's online.) Speed freeks can be 'hilarious' and need 'lots and lots of trukks' if you're playing them, well, badly. Battlewagons and looted vehicles are an essential part of a competitive list, as are things like warbuggies and dethkoptas. Not 'lots and lots of trukks'

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
If your playing speed freaks then you will get used to converting. Around you round out a 1000 pt list your going to be interested in lots of vehicles, and its more fun converting then using the stock models. You really will want a good chunc of boys, but you need trukks as well. 3 Boxes of boys should do fine, and you'll need at least a trukk for every 10 boys.

If you consider a battlewagon, your mobs can get bigger, but as your starting i wouldn't worry about that. You'll eventually want a few buggies (i recommend 1-3 starting) and a looted vehicle of some kind (Russ or Basilisk). The ork starting box isn't bad for speedfreaks, however you'll be short 1 trukk and a warboss.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I got a question whats the difference between trukks and war trukks and how much do they cost each

·
Registered
33 Posts
Go speed freaks. lottsa Slugga Boyz, Go to dollar general store, OrBig lots, Or Mcfrugals, And find you some trucks to loot. I don't have a looted Basilik but im looking for one. lottsa War traks and war buggies you'll need. I find those in the same place and order the guns and bits from WH, Cheaper that way. WaaaaaaaaG

·
494 Posts
If I were going to start Speed Freaks, i'd simply start with the Battle Force box and add a Warboss/Nob and a Trukk. You've got 2 trukk mobs, 5 bikers, and a buggy right there. That should be enough to play patrol battles with. After that's painted, go for some boxes of truk boyz, some nobz, and some more buggies/traks. Or convert some guntruks!

·
Registered
22 Posts
any way I need some help i play blood axes and have almost no guys this is my army what should i do with it

2 squads of kommandos 2 heavy armor nobs
1 wartrukk
1 warbuggy
5 warbikes
2 zapp guns
1 heavy armor warboss
1 mega armor nob
2 custom made mekboys and that's it

1 - 13 of 13 Posts