Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
LO's Shadow Captain
12,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Woo woo.. ;)

I have a trade getting setup where I'll be trading some of my spare Tau pieces for the Prime rulebook and the Protectorate of Menoth starter set, hopefully.

So, first, I'd just like to clarify what comes in the starter set - is it the same as the "battle group?"... i.e., comes with:

Exemplar Kreoss
Crusader Warjack
Repenter Warjack
Revenger Warjack

Is that right?

After that, I'm considering:

Vanquisher Warjack
Deliverers
Flameguard

Any other advice appreciated... I don't know anything about the rules yet, so, bear with me. ;)

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
LO Zealot
1,692 Posts
I believe the starter set is just a different name for the battle group box. Maybe it comes with the rulebook or something...

The list you gave seems to match the standard battle group layout, caster + 3 jacks
(or caster +2 uber jacks in Khador's case).

I don't know too much about Menoth, so I can't really say whether those choices are good or not.

You can download the quickstart rules from privateer press to give you the fundamentals of Warmachine.

·
LO's Shadow Captain
12,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
LO Zealot
1,692 Posts
The rulebook may be even more confusing than the quickstart rules:)

I found the best way to get the hang of it is know the basics, then get out there and play some games, and ask the other player who (hopefully) knows what he's doing more about the rules as you go.

I'd be more than happy to explain anything in the rules that confuses you at all, or even give a brief rundown of how it goes.

·
LO's Shadow Captain
12,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I kind of understand, but the Quickstart rules (on the pdf, at least) seem to be a little... confusingly laid out. I'd rather not start playing games by those, then have to add stuff as I learn the Prime Rulebook. I'd rather go at it like I have been going at 40k - read the rules a couple times, plan things out (strategies, etc.), then play a few games to get the hang of the rules. If I forget a few things, I try to implement them into my next game (like, for example, morale stuff for 40k..).

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 6 of 6 Posts