Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Alright so after a long time not playing warhammer 40k, or even thinking about it for over a year, because I was getting tired of all the nerdy stuff and because I was too busy with my friends, school, bball, etc. I've decided to play w40k a little and I am thinking about starting up Tyranids again. I've looked online and there is a new book coming out. Should I wait until then or can I keep buying the old models and use those for now.

Bad post. Sorted all of your grammar and spelling. Please be sure to adhere to the rules, we speak English on this forum, not chat speak.
~Lawman.

·
Supreme Evil Overlord
4,873 Posts
I suggest you wait for just a bit longer, it's less than months before the nids hit the stores, just wait and get yourself the new codex, there's bound to be different options in it.

·
Blood Boy
3,643 Posts
I suggest you wait for just a bit longer, it's less than months before the nids hit the stores, just wait and get yourself the new codex, there's bound to be different options in it.
I've heard it's going to appear around the end of January.

You can always work on some Genestealers while you wait for it.:soldier:

·
Returning Lawman!
1,712 Posts
I have to agree with what has been said, book wise you are best off just waiting for the new edition in January.

However, as for the models, you are safe on a few of them. I am sure theres a comprehensive list of what will get a new model somewhere, but you are probably safe with Gaunts (I know, they are splitting the boxes, but still), Genestealers and Carnifexes. Maybe warriors too.

And even if something does get a new model, so what? You can still use the old ones with the new rules anyway.

·
Tyranid Warrior Fanatic
2,668 Posts
Stores will likely be getting their preview materials within the next month or so so if you can wait until then you could plan out what you want in your army before purchasing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.