Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - ive been slowly lured across from 40K to WFB, and am thinking of going for dark Elves, and am looking for an initial army that is competitive (and ideally forgiving for a first-timer) and that uses models that I like. I was thinking of running:

LORD
Sorceress (Level 2)

CORE
20 Warriors (full command and shields)
20 Warriors (full command and shields)
10 Corsairs (full command and repeater bow)

SPECIAL
5 Cold One Knights (full command)

SPECIAL
Hydra

The plan is that I have the warriors as a solid core, the corsairs for shooting and the Knights and Hydra for flank attacks (I read that this was the best tactic for DEs).
As it stands, I have 80pts left over, so Im guessing that would be best spent on artifacts etc for the Lord, right?

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Way to many points in core also if you want a level 2 wizard take 5 warlocks instead as for core I just did the 1000pts battle brothers tourn my core was 20 dark shards with shields and standard and it was very effective 270pts puts out 40 shots and reforms 5x4 to an effective fighting block and gets a parry. As for special 5 cold ones standard champ get a master on cold one with heavy armour sea dragon cloak halberd that's a str 5 armour 1+. A lone hydra will get shot it can be effective but not as much as you think chariots are quite good and fun but a block of executioners is the way to go they will cut through anything. I am happy to give any advice so please ask away :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts