Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I'm taking on tabletop-gaming again after a few years of digital gaming. 40k Looks like fun, and I've always had a soft spot for the Green 'n Cudly.

So far, I've got:

- Ork Warboss with Attack Squid (love how that looks)
- Set of 3 Killa Kans
- 2 boxes of Lootas and Burnas
- Orks Battleforce (in the mail)

And I'm probably gonna buy the AoBR-box.

How will I be able to make the most of this?

I went for 8 Burnas and 2 Tekks from the L&B-box (Orks + Fire = Yay!), and I heard/read that I can use the left-over bits to make 8 Lootas (which sound okay'ish for long-distance shooting) with the contents of either AoBR or the Battleforce.

Any tips on what to do with the rest?

Cheers!

·
429 Posts
A few thoughts on getting your force started. Since you've only got the trukk for armor, leave that at home in the beginning until you can start converting some of your own. Let's see what we can muster up with the rest:

HQ

Warboss: Eavy Armor, Power Klaw- 90 (Attach to boyz)

TROOPS

Shootaboyz x20: 2 Rokkits, Nob w/ PK and Bosspole- 180

Shootaboyz x20: 2 Rokkits, Nob w/ PK and Bosspole- 180

ELITES

Lootas x10- 150 (Keep in cover!)

FAST ATTACK

Killa Kanz x3: Rokkit Launchas- 150

Total: 750

If you want to stay fairly competitive, playing at the 750 level is where you want to be right now. It's not that Burnaboyz for example are horrible, it's just that they need a transport to work, and having one vehicle in a game over 500 points is 9/10 not a good plan.

So, convert up some more trukks and then you can give a mech build a try. Bikes, sad to say, should stay on the shelf until 6th edition maybe resurrects them. I'm not a fan of regular nobz, especially in a footslogging list. Deffkoptas also, while not horrible, succumb to better options.

So there's my .02. Going forward, you have to decide if you want to stick to sloggin it or whether you want to mount up and worship the Kult o' Speed. Either way, you need more o' dem green skinz.

Items to consider acquiring:

Convert Your Own: Battlewagons, Trukks (If mech-ing up)

More Killa Kanz (if slogging)

Big Mek (for the KFF), (Either way)

Mega Armored Nobz (If mech-ing up)

More Lootas (You can just paint these diifferently), (Either Way)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks!

Thanks for this (quite extensive) answer, it'll get me started nicely.

I won't be playint too competitive though, it's gonna be Fun & Games (well, & Gore, I guess) with other newbies.

I'll see what I can do about the trukks. I don't think they're too expensive, so perhaps they'll be my next purchase.

One box of Nobs will also come in handy now, I guess... Can I make 5 Nobs with claws out of one box?

Greetz,

Gwazy Wabbit

·
575 Posts
Can I make 5 Nobs with claws out of one box?
With a bit of converting stuff it's doable. the box has three regular power klaw arms and one cybork arm with a buzzsaw that simply can double as a fourth power klaw. For the fifth you'd have to model around a bit: either cut a regular Ork (nob) arm off at the wrist or use that harpoon thingie cybork arm for more technological gubbinz and attach some suitable stuff to it (while the uge choppas are a suboptimal choice two of them also sport some buzzsaw blades which IMHO would do very nice for self-converted power klawz)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Busy buying stuff...

Hey all,

As stated, I thought it to be a good idea to buy a box of Nobz. So I did.
Since I've also started gluing and painting, here are my options:

- 2 warbosses, the one from AoBR an one with the squig on its arm
- 19 slugga boys, 1 nob with PK & banner (2 boyz /w big shootas)
- 19 shoota boys, 1 nob with PK & banner (2 boyz /w rokkitz)
- 3 Killa Kanz
- 1 Trukk
- 8 Lootaz
- 8 Burnas + 2 Mekz
- 3 Koptaz
- 3 Biker Nobz (PK not glued on yet)
- 5 AoBR Nobz + 3 Nobz left from the Nobz-box (all unassembled)

I'm aiming for a 1500 fun game. I think I could just reach that number with these guys. Any tips/clues on how to do this? I don't mind having a less the optimal army, it has to be fun though (so I really want to field those Koptas, and maybe even that single truck). It's mostly about learning game mechanics atm...

·
Registered
543 Posts
I'd second the notion of leaving the regular nobz at home. I (usually) run a mehc list, and they are still too expensive in those lists for what they do. I shudder to think just what might happen when they don't get to ride around inside a transport.

Out of everything you have there is one item that I can't believe that you don't have: A big Mekk with a Kustom force field. Probably the best way to spend 85 points in any in 40k. For those few measly points you gain the ability to protect your Footsloggers and killa kans with a cover save. Sure, theres alot of cover in this edition, but theres always those turns when you are caught out in open terrain.

Either take a nob that you haven't finished yet, or buy something funky, and make one. They are worth their weight in gold.

As far as your list goes, you can make it comfortably to 1000 points, but I do think that 1500 is a bit too much of a stretch.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Adding more boyz is the best way you can balance your list out. Having a core of big boyz mobz (shoota or slugga or some of each, whichever you prefer) is important for a footslogging ork force. I'd recommend 3 units of 25 or 30 with a bosspole/powerklaw nob for each. List is looking good, hope you're having fun so far!

·
Registered
224 Posts
you can make looters out of normal boys use the looter guns and arms on the normal boys bodys they fit like a glove so you will have 8 burnas 2 meks and 10 looters 2 of the looters will use big shooters just add some extra bits make them look more dakkyer dont listen to the nob bashers they are the bread and buutter of the orks they destroy anything they come into contact with.
Also if you want to just win boys boys and more boys.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts