Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:cry: Hey all I have a question if your landraider is driving along and gets hit in the front and side armor by stealers can they take it down and if so how do i properly calculate damage per stealer they each have rending claws.:wacko:

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
brazerc said:
:cry: Hey all I have a question if your landraider is driving along and gets hit in the front and side armor by stealers can they take it down and if so how do i properly calculate damage per stealer they each have rending claws.:wacko:
p 32 of the bgb tells you all you need to know about rending.
p 65 tells you how to calculate armour penetration
and p 66 tells you what happens when you penetrate (glance or pen)
p 70 tells you what you need to roll to hit it in cc.
all your answers, right there.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
With Rending, Genestealers can potentially damage and/or destroy a Land Raider. The rules for Rending are quite clearly described on page 46 of the rulebook.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
further synopsis

:rolleyes:
tarzen said:
p 32 of the bgb tells you all you need to know about rending.
p 65 tells you how to calculate armour penetration
and p 66 tells you what happens when you penetrate (glance or pen)
p 70 tells you what you need to roll to hit it in cc.
all your answers, right there.

Actually my question is (sorry had to think about it a little more clearly) when you have a brood of stelers hitting the side of a landraider they have already hit <my question is if the stealer that has a str of 4 +the score on the die for armor penatration which is 6 + the odd chance that he rerolled for the rending effect which ended up being 5 is it safe to say that for that one stealer he just dealt a score of 15 to the armor thus making a penatrating hit .

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Yes, that's exactly how it works.

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
In short, rending vs vehicle goes like this:

Roll to hit
if hit, roll to penetrate.
If you get a 6 on your pen roll, roll again once
add your strength to the total (s4 would give you the posibility of 4+12, 6 up to 16.

That help?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok i got it thanks

Thanks my son should be happy he thought that just because i had my marines sitting in the back hitting him with plasma that i was invicible once i had sent my trrops into thier tanks to move to the other side of the area out of range.:w00t:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts