·
heretical thoughts?
948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
LO Zealot
1,082 Posts
Deek said:
My guess is that is what it is or maybe a new special rule that I heard somewhere about a unit sacraficing itself while the squad retreats or someting like that you know like in starship troops when the dude sacrafices himself and blows all the aliens up.
Yeah but dude... how would that little thing represent someone suiciding themselves...

I'd say it is some sort of teleport homer or such.. seeing how they allready can D.S. themselves.. but who knows.

·
Drills baby.
6,481 Posts
That suicide-thing sounds intresting (if it is correct), like if they get attacked in cc a guy rund forward with that thing screaming "For the Greater Good!" so his commrades can fall back and regroup.
Or it is a teleport homer. But if it is a homer, I hope they do it more intresting then the SM version. Like maybe if a squad have a markerlight and this strange thing, then they may dessignate a target within X inches were the suits DS are locked on to.

·
I AM the Evil Twin!
4,989 Posts
The rule about the self sacrifice is correct. If they are getting beaten in close combat then they can sacrifice a member of their team. This not only damages the attacking squad as it uses a blast template but it also prevents that unit from pursuing, allowing the tau to regroup.

·
Registered
178 Posts
hmm

Well this al sounds like stuff:O it is probs a deepstriking thingy, or a cloking device

·
Registered
178 Posts
lol

you can imagine that: a tau stealth team seeing a gretchin squad in cover and one says peacefully ' i will save you brethren (or whatever the tau say)' and laying down a explosive waving at the grots and detenatring the explosive killing everyonw:w00t: :yes:

·
Registered
638 Posts
It's not wargear, it's the new stealth suit model due out, with acouple other new models and a codex, sometime in March or April.

·
Son of Dorn
949 Posts
Dirty Steve: psssst! Pete!
Pete Haines: yeah?
Dirty Steve: I put a fake teleport homer next to the stealth squads in this picture!
Pete Haines: HAHAHAHAHA! Isn't Photoshop something!
Dirty Steve: I love it to.
Pete Haines: I wonder what all the people who see this early release picture will think it is?
Dirty Steve: I don't know, kind of looks like a suicide bomb to me.
Pete Haines: It does doesn't it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.