Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright everyone. Many of you know that i have posted several lists on hear as i continue to try and finalize my airborne list. However last Saturday at my game store i realized something and after watching a little of band of brothers. The list i was intending to run was leaning way more towards an Air Assault List instead of an airborne list. A true airbone list runs pretty much pure infantry with some air support and arty thrown into the mix. With that in mind i have completely done an overhaul on my list. Tell me what yall think since as usual any ideas and opinions are welcome, thanks:

HQ:
*Company Command Squad
-Company Commander
-x4 Veterans w/ x4 Plasma
-Astropath

Total HQ: 110

ELITE:
*Storm Trooper Squad A
-Sergeant
-x4 Storm Troopers w/ x2 Melta

*Storm Trooper Squad B
-Sergeant

*Storm Trooper Squad C
-Sergeant

Total Elite: 315

TROOPS:
*Infantry Platoon 1

-Platoon Command

-Platoon Commander
-x4 Guardsmen w/ x3 Grenade Launcher

*1st Squad 1st Platoon
-Sergeant
-x9 Guardsmen w/ x1 Grenade Launcher

*2nd Squad 1st Platoon
-Sergeant

*3rd Squad 1st Platoon
-Sergeant

*Heavy Weapons Squad 1 First Platoon
-x3 Mortars

*Heavy Weapons Squad 2 First Platoon
-x3 Mortars

*Heavy Weapons Squad 3 First Platoon
-x3 Mortars

*Heavy Weapons Squad 4 First Platoon
-x3 Mortars

*Heavy Weapons Squad 5 First Platoon
-x3 Mortars

*Veteran Squad A (In Vendetta)
-Sergeant
-x9 Veterans w/ Shotguns, x3 Melta
*Demolitions

*Veteran Squad B (In Vendetta)
-Sergeant
*Demolitions

*Veteran Squad C (In Vendetta)
-Sergeant
*Demolitions

Total Troop: 905

FAST ATTACK:
-Vendetta
w/ x3 TL Lascannons, Door Gunners

-Vendetta

-Vendetta

Total Fast Attack: 420

HEAVY SUPPORT:
-Hydra "Drop Tank"
w/ Hull Heavy Flamer

-Hydra "Drop Tank"
w/ Hull Heavy Flamer

-Hydra "Drop Tank"
w/ Hull Heavy Flamer

Total Heavy: 225

This is exactly 2000 pts. Tell me what yall think and thanks again for reading and the comments.

·
Registered
55 Posts
At a quick glance I had 3 concerns:

1) Does your CCS really need 4 Plasma Guns. They are way to many points for weapons that will just end up killing your own men. There is something about those guns but whenever i shoot a few of them I tend to lose a man or two. Personally I think you should give them a Lascannon just so you have long range AT down on the field on the 1st turn. What Spec Op are you taking on your stormtroopers? I would expect the deep strike one but it may be smarter to infiltrate them close to enemy tanks or armor 2 models.

2) You may have gone a bit overboard on the mortars. Everyone says there better if you have 9 of them. ( Ive never had the chance, I only have 3 ) I usually only field them when I know I will be playing a toughness 3 army. If you happened to play Deathguard or something like that they would be utterly useless.

3) Your veteran squads don't really need the meltas that badly. There transport ( Vendetta ) will be able to deal with any armor. You also have a demo charge with them, I find there expensive but its all personal opinion. I love to take 3 flamers with my Vendetta Squads. Im also not to sure about those shotguns, are you really going to assault? That would just be insane.

Some people would also tell you not to take the HBs on the Vendettas but I think for the small amount of points they cost you cant go wrong. If you have back armor on a tank they can be used ( desperately ) to destroy it. It also helps to balance the Vendettas because you will probably obliterate any enemy armor on the table fast and not have any more tanks to hunt.

All in all this list will probably be pretty solid. I only wish I had enough balls to spend this much money on 40k and thats saying a lot.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Its taken me about 5 years to assamble what i have and i got lucky thanks to some gamers here at the store and ebay so it was pretty cheap for all the infantry anyway. Still have one more Vendetta, converting the mortars and the hydras to go. Thanks for the advice by the way:

-I do agree that maybe 15 mortars is pushing it so ill be droping them down to nine when i revise this list.

-The reason i gave my CCS plasma was so id have something to take down any heavy infantry and help my regular platoons out to add some extra kick. Risky and expensive but with the veterans BS skill of 4 i figured why not? (I surprisingly role well with them)

-I have heard alot about the ideas when dealing with what to take with the veterans mounted in vendettas. The cool thing about this is that i could change up three meltas into two flamers and a heavy flamer for the same points so i can toy with this idea for a while. I like the idea (always have) to however so ill definetly think on that. I really have the melta guns in there as a saftey valvue and because they can land and instant kill some bad guys. I gave them shotguns because if i attampt an alpha strike and get close to the enemy i might as well assault them and tie them up long enough then instead of getting assaulted and wiped out.

-Storm Troopers will be deepstriking usually but if i feel like i have to i wouldnt mind using infiltrators either, this is why i like these guys as there is so much you can do with them.

-Also because i will only have 3 vendettas so they will be targets to my opponent and at armor 12 they can get destroyed is why i took the melta veterans. And i always give door gunners to my vendettas no matter what, they are invaluable and more then make up the 10 pts it takes to put them on.

Thanks for the advice ill be posting the revised list soon. Any other ideas/comments are welcome.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I here where your coming from with the plasmas, i own a few myself too. My favorite unit in a friendly game is a CCS with Kreed, Kell, Feel No Pain, Caraspace and 4 x Plasmas. Survivability like that is not expected from the IG.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Alright ive changed some stuff up, mainly to give the look of an elite infantry assaulty type of list. Tell me what yall think as again all posts and replies are welcome!

HQ:
*Company Command Squad
-Company Commander w/ Plasma Pistol
-x4 Veterans w/ x4 Plasma Guns
-Astropath

Total HQ: 150

ELITE:
*Storm Trooper Squad A
-Sergeant w/ Plasma Pistol

*Storm Trooper Squad B

*Storm Trooper Squad C

Total Elite: 345

TROOPS:
*Infantry Platoon 1

-Platoon Command
-Platoon Commander
-x4 Guardsmen w/ x4 Plasma Guns

*1st Squad 1st Platoon
-Sergeant

*2nd Squad 1st Platoon
-Sergeant

*Heavy Weapons Squad 1 First Platoon
-x3 Mortars

*Heavy Weapons Squad 2 First Platoon
-x3 Mortars

*Heavy Weapons Squad 3 First Platoon
-x3 Mortars

*Heavy Weapons Squad 4 First Platoon
-x3 Mortars

*Veteran Squad A (In Vendetta)
*Demolitions

*Veteran Squad B (In Vendetta)
*Demolitions

*Veteran Squad C (In Vendetta)
*Demolitions

Total Troop: 830

FAST ATTACK:
-Vendetta

-Vendetta

-Vendetta

Total Fast Attack: 420

HEAVY SUPPORT:
-Hydra "Drop Tank" (Will be using Elysian Taurus)
w/ Hull Heavy Flamer, Camo Netting

Total Heavy: 285

TOTAL POINTS: 2000pts.

With this idea i dropped one of the infantry platoons and tried to make my army look more elite so to speak what with better weapons and giving my vehicles a better chance at surviving. I dropped one of my mortar teams as well leaving me with twelve which i like so i can drop the same amount of payload on two targets and also using some of the new Taurus models in my list will be alot of fun and make my army look very airbornish. Tell me what you think.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts