Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone and a late merry xmass. After a fun day at my local gaming store i found out that several of my buddies there are planning on putting an order into forgeworld and i thought why not join in to get in on the free shipping. I have in my possesion an army of Armageddon Steel Legion and no vehicles at the moment. And since they look alot like WW2 paratroopers im thinking about creating an airborne list of them and also buying a few Grav Chute packs from forgewrold to spice them up a bit. I know this will be a tricky but fun list to do so bear with me if it comes out badly. This is roughly the idea i had:

**NOTE: Will add points later as i am in a rush**

HQ:
-Commissar Lord "AKA Paratrooper Colonel"
w/ BP + PW

ELITES:
-x5 Stormtroopers
w/ x2 Melta Gun,*Air Assault Doctrine*

-x5 Stormtroopers

-x5 Stormtroopers

TROOPS:
-Veteran Squad A
w/ x10 Veterans, x3 Melta Gun, Attatch Commissar Lord

-Veteran Squad B
w/ x10 Veterans, x3 Melta Gun

-Veteran Squad C

-Veteran Squad D

FAST ATTACK:
-Vendetta Squadron
w/ x2 Vendetta

-Vendetta Squadron
w/ x2 Vendetta

-"Drop" (Scout) Sentinel Squadron
w/ x3 Sentinels, x3 Autocannons

Overall i feel that this list will be competetive and also very fluffy to fit my needs and the Steel Legion Mech fluff. Any and all comments/ advice is appreciated, thanks! Will get the point cost up there soon.

·
Registered
195 Posts
This list comes to 1435pts, so you have 65pts to spend elsewhere ^^

I don't really see the real use for the Lord Commissar, but I guess it's there for fluff reasons ^^
With the 65pts your missing you could actually drop the LC for a Company Command w/ 4 Meltas and a Chimera. But, I think this would just get peppered down :p

You're also terribly lacking in anti-horde weaponry. I'd suggest changing 2 of the Vendettas to Valkyries with MP's. I usually don't do this, but since you're so lacking in anti-horde it might be needed :p

Cheers and good luck ^^

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info, i am at work so yeah cant really whip out my codex! I was going with the Commissar Lord just for the reason that i wouldnt have to get a whole other squad but you are correct. What would u think if i replaced the Commissar Lord with the Company Command Squad and added a few things so it would look like this:

HQ:
-Commissar Command
w/ x4 veterans w/ Grenade Launchers, CC

ELITES:
-x5 Stormtroopers

-x5 Stormtroopers

-x5 Stormtroopers

TROOPS:
-Veteran Squad A
w/ x10 Veterans, x3 Melta Gun, Grenadiers, Attatch Commissar Lord

-Veteran Squad B
w/ x10 Veterans, x3 Melta Gun, Grenadiers

-Veteran Squad C

-Veteran Squad D

FAST ATTACK:
-Vendetta Squadron
w/ x1 Vendetta (Company Command Squad here)

-Valkyrie Squadron
w/ x2 Valkyrie w/ Missile Pods, Multilasers, Heavy Bolter Door Gunners

-Valkyrie Squadron

This way i will have a pretty good balance of anti-horde/anti Tank with the Vendetta and storm troopers handling the heavy stuff while the Valkyrie Squadrons take care of horde and also are carrying men to handle the mech stuff.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Sadly enough, you're lying at 1595pts now. But, if you dropped the HB door gunners and the doctrines on two of the vets, you'd be golden.
But, I would suggest changing the Squadrons to Vendettas and the single on to a Valkyrie. Give 2 Vets the Demolitions doctrine instead and mount them in a pair of Vendettas. This way you'll be able to perform an Alpha Strike and also be able to handle anything from Terminators to hordes with the demo-charges ^^

I think it'd look something like this:

HQ:
-Company Command

ELITES:
-x5 Stormtroopers

-x5 Stormtroopers

-x5 Stormtroopers

TROOPS:
-Veteran Squad A
w/ x10 Veterans, x3 Melta Gun, Demolitions

-Veteran Squad B
w/ x10 Veterans, x3 Melta Gun, Demolitions

-Veteran Squad C

-Veteran Squad D

FAST ATTACK:
-Valkyrie Squadron
w/ x1 Valkyrie w/ Missile Pods, Multilasers (Company Command Squad here)

-Vendetta Squadron
w/ x2 Vendettas

-Vendetta Squadron
w/ x2 Vendettas

Cheers and good luck ^^

·
Registered
759 Posts
A predictable list, but one that is very powerful and one that is very, very competitive. I still reckon some more antihorde could be useful. It wouldn't hurt to add flamers to one or two of the vet squads. Moonblade/Smellbarrel's changes would be wise, but I would still add in a few flamers. I mean come on, how many melta guns do you need? (alright, you can never have too many but still). If you did this you could save a few points for another demolitions doctrine for one of the veteran squads.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Alright since i am also trying to eventually get a 2000 pt list out of this i was also thinking of this, why not also add an infantry platoon to start them out on the board like they are the forward elements of my airborne army landing, for example:

HQ:
-Commissar Command

ELITES:
-x5 Stormtroopers

-x5 Stormtroopers

-x5 Stormtroopers

TROOPS:
-Veteran Squad A
w/ x10 Veterans, x3 Melta Gun, Grenadiers, Attatch Commissar Lord

-Veteran Squad B

-Veteran Squad C

-Veteran Squad D

-Infantry Platoon
-CS w/ x4 Guardsmen, x1 Lascannon
-Infantry Squad A
x10 Guardsmen, Flamer
-infantry Squad B
x10 Guardsmen, Flamer
-Heavy Weapons Platoon
x3 Missile Launchers
-Heavy Weapons Platoon
x3 Missile Launchers

FAST ATTACK:
-Vendetta Squadron
w/ x1 Vendetta (Company Command Squad here)

-Valkyrie Squadron

-Valkyrie Squadron

This would give me some more anti-tank and quite a bit of anti horde and still allowing me to maintain my fluff of being an airborne list. Tell me what you think.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Heavy Weapons teams are kindoff a no-no. They'll get shot dead VERY easily (Multi-lasers will harvest them). Also Flamers in Infantry Squads aren't all to good.
Instead of spending the 190pts on the two HWT and the Flamers i'd suggest investing in two more squads, arming them with Autocannons (leaving you 50pts) and then maybe investing in a Commissar to keep this huge platoon in line. If you want them with Missile Launchers, i'd suggest arming 3 of them with thoose. The Missile Launcher and the Autocannon will actually mix quite well, both in light-AV killing and horde slaying.

This would still leave your PCS terribly unequiped. I'd actually suggest not giving your troops ML's and instead giving them AC's. This would leave you 15pts after the Commissar, enough to get 3 Flamers/Grenade Launchers (I'd suggest GL's).

Theese are the suggestions I have, keeping in with your fluff ^^

Cheers ^^

(After checking your lsit I see that you're actually 65pts under... Please, PLEASE, post the costs if you want help. It's terribly annoying to be helping you when I have to check the costs myself... :p)

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I appreciate it but im at work, will do so when i get home so dont worry i wont make it your profession for this thread!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.