Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay, what are peoples opinions on the bow mounted on the stegadon. I see it and think "sweet! lizardmen with artillery?!?" but it seems that maybe my first impression is not dead solid. doesn anyone have opinions about it? what kind of armies is it best in? can it be used effectively and still have the stegadon do damage other ways?

also, the skinks in the howda, do they get cc attacks or ranged attacks when the stegadon is in cc? it makes sense either way, and I couldn't find anything definitive in the codex.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
The great bow is a good addition to the Stegadon. But really, the impact hits and the Terror are more important. But the great bow definitely helps and you never go wrong with it.

Tai'shar

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
I would agree that whilst the giant bow is nice to have mounted on a stegadon, you should not use it solely for this purpose. In fact I usually ignore the bow entirely when playing it, and move the stegadon with only his impact hits and terror in mind.

Of course if you can fire it then thats always nice.

But the terror rocks! If they fail - they go!:D:D

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
I've never played a Stegadon, thus I wonder... can't you shoot the great bow when moving?

Tai'shar

·
Registered
319 Posts
I'm almost positive you can, don't have my book at hand but I thought you could move and shoot with a -1 penalty or something.

·
Registered
482 Posts
It says you can move and shoot, and I would assume at a -1 penalty like most units moving and shooting. However I would imagine the Stegadon would be marching the majority of the time, so you wouldn't be able to shoot anyway...so I think it is kind of pointless..

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
I would be inclined to agree. However the rules for the giant bow have changed slightly, the new rules can be found on the lizardman errata, on the GW website.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hmmm. But arent the skinks shooting the bow so how would that be affected by marching or normal movement. the skinks arent putting away the giant bow when the stegadon marches. ;)

·
Registered
319 Posts
If you can't march and shoot wouldn't the bow be pointless considering your always going to want to get him in close combat. I'd also imagine if there was no bolt thrower he would be less points, so are we just getting ripped off points? I just got a stegadon off ebay and haven't used him yet, so I was kind of wondering to what extent is the bow useful and what situations would you use it? I not using it would assume it would always be more useful to march to get closer which is good for two reasons: terror tests and charge sooner. the only situation i can see using the bow is if the steg is 18" or less and u move him up 6" shoot and charge next turn.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts