Land Raider,multim-260
Land Raider,multim-260
Predator,lasc side spons 130

Total=1995
Suggestions welcome!

·
429 Posts
Ok, I'll be gentle.

I don't know what's with the preponderance of Pedro lists lately but I'm all for it, Sternguard rock.

It isn't a truly horrible idea for you to put your Sternguard in Land Raiders, provided you're not planning on attending tournaments and just want a friendly list that will compete half the time. BUT, even in a friendly environment, you don't take a Land Raider and then buy your units a different transport entirely (i.e. pod/rhino). Land Raiders are not gun platforms. Land Raiders are a troop delivery system that happen to have guns. They are for guaranteeing your nasties see combat, or in your case, see rapid fire range.

Also, your Sternguard need to be leaner. Power weapons? If you're in combat, you've done something wrong. Yes, they have 2 attacks, but every round they're not shooting their awesome guns, you're opponent is beating you! Instead of giving them a power weapon and meltabombs, try including a few close combat elements to work in tandem with your mobile SG. These could be assault marines, podding dreadnoughts, you could even go super-top-heavy and include terminators in a land raider with a chaplain. Again, if your goal is only to not lose horribly.

In fact, before I go any further it's important we define your goals. Want to spank the majority of your opponents and lose only narrowly except to one or two armies that are match up nightmares? (every list has these). Then you need to ensure you're maximizing every point and specializing every squad for a specific role.

Don't care about that, just want to compete among friends, few of whom including yourself know or care much about the meta-game? Then we can work with what you have and just fine tune. I'll give you two lists, one tourny-type, one friendly type. Let me know if you have any model restrictions.

Competitive:

Pedro- 175

SG x 10: 6 combi-flamers, rhino- 315
SG x 10: 6 combi-meltas, rhino- 315

Sniper Scouts: ML- 85

Attack Bikes x3: MM- 150
Attack Bikes x2: MM- 100
Attack Bikes x2: MM- 100

Predator: LC Sponsoons- 120

Total: 2000

This list is a decent tournament build. Generalship is still the other half, but at least you have the tools to beat the usual suspects. To be successful competitively you need to be able to beat Leafblower/Parking Lot IG and Mech BA/SW without losing the ability to beat horde Orks/Nids. The new kid on the block is a phalanx of nothing but Deathwing TH/SS termies led by Belial. That's a tough matchup but as I said, no list owns every other. You'll have enough melta to at least keep you form getting tabled.

Friendly 1 (Because you seem to like Land Raiders)

Pedro- 175

SG x 10: 5 combi-meltas, Land Raider Crusader (MM)- 570
SG x 10: 4 combi-meltas, LRC (MM)- 565
Assault Terminators x 7: TH/SS, LRC- 540

Sniper Scouts- 75
Sniper Scouts- 75

This list is a gimmick, 3 raiders is nothing new. Some armies (like Orks and most Nids) just won't be able to deal with you. Others will table you (DE, some eldar, some space pups) It's friendly, but by no means weak.

And because I couldn't help myself, a second friendly list without so many Land Raiders

Pedro- 175
Master of the Forge: Conversion Beamer- 120

SG x 10: 6 combi-flamers, rhino- 315

Attack Bike: MM- 50

Ironclad Dreadnought: HF, Meltagun, 2 DCCW's in pod- 180

This is a very similar list to the one I run with my DIY Deathwatch army. It's not good enough to win many tournaments, but it will win you a lot of friendly games and it's still fluffy.

Ok, this has gone on far too long. If I whiffed because you don't own the models to use one of these lists, we'll start from scratch. Hope I helped.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your help.
Ive only got normal Land raiders, but can include as many termies as possible.
Have 2 preds, 3normal bikes and 2 ironclads. I have 2 regular dreds though.
Ive got the rest.

·
429 Posts
Ok brother, we're ready to tie things up. We'll go for a friendly list that'll be cool as all heck to play and can still hurt some things.

Pedro- 175

MotF w/ TH: 130

5 Terminators: 3 LC, 2 TH/SS in LR with MM- 460

Sternguard x10 w/ 3 combi-melta in rhino- 300
Sternguard x10 w/ 3 combi-melta in rhino- 300

Sniper Scouts x5- 75
Sniper Scouts x5- 75

Bikes x3 w/ 2 meltaguns, sarge w/ combi-melta and meltabombs- 125

Ironclad Dreadnought w/ melta and HF in Pod- 180
Ironclad Dreadnought w/ melta and HF in Pod- 180

You're a little low on scoring units here at 4, but you are HURTY. The Raider is a beast. The termies have +1A because of Pedro and they have additional cc fun because of the flamer and TH on the MotF, AND he can possibly fix the raider if someone hurts it. You're SG in the rhinos are mobile all around hurtin bombs; but they still die like marines so if your opponent is smart, he/she will ignore everything else as much as possible and deal with these. Remember that, and act accordingly. Your bikes are a suicide unit; they're nice because you don't have to depend on your SG or your LR shooting melta/LC at the big armored thing instead of doing what they're meant to be doing. Leave that to these guys. Just throw them at something and hope to trade points. If it's an enemy LR, they'll double they're worth. Your scouts are just to keep you legal, stick them in cover and anything they accomplish is a bonus. Ironclad's are awesome and will come in and cause absolute havoc. There's nothing they can't hurt, and they're hellatough to boom boom off the field. And remember to use Pedro's orbital strike early on, lest you blow your termies/LR/ironclads to smithereens!

That's my final list for you, hope you like, happy hunting.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts