Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
storm bolters with grey knights are used as true grit and so they get an extra attack why dont the terminators get an extra attack they are better. also it says that knights use storms as other "lesser" creatures would use pistols so shouldnt termis count too. If i am using this rule rong or not understanding it right please tell me. also do you think this rule is right or not?

·
Registered
410 Posts
brother-captian stern said:
storm bolters with grey knights are used as true grit and so they get an extra attack why dont the terminators get an extra attack they are better. also it says that knights use storms as other "lesser" creatures would use pistols so shouldnt termis count too. If i am using this rule rong or not understanding it right please tell me. also do you think this rule is right or not?
The rules on page 8 says the true grit thing only applies to GK in Power Armor (not termie armor).

I agree it is kind of odd that termies don't get that extra attack too. Maybe they reason termie armor is too unwieldly to get true grit.

Still, the GK Termie is superior to just about every other type of termie out there.

·
The Orange Grey Knight
3,830 Posts
Balance, thats why, besides, a GKT might be able to get more attacks than a PAGK becuase on the charge PAGKs always only get +1 attack, either for charging OR having 2 'CCWs'.

Frankly, I can't understand why it matters, if the GKTs are the CC monsters you think they are, ther should be any more than 1 round right?

Mike

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
storm bolters with grey knights are used as true grit and so they get an extra attack why dont the terminators get an extra attack they are better.
You know, that isn't anywhere NEAR proper english.

Maybe they reason termie armor is too unwieldly to get true grit.
This was the answer GW used in one of the older FAQ's for the Daemonhunters.

·
The Voice of Reason
756 Posts
mEGALOMANIAC said:
You know, that isn't anywhere NEAR proper english.
Well, THAT was certainly the most helpful comment I've seen in a while.

Seriously, though, you can look at it as an advantage. The GKT DO get an assault bonus for charging, and their BASE attacks is the same as the PAGK with true grit.

·
I am a free man!
4,941 Posts
arishnakoger said:
it says "grey knights use storm bolters as lesser creatures would use pistols". why can't they just count as pistols in that case?
They do. In the case of getting extra CC combat attacks, they do. The special rule for GK True Grit also states why GKs don't get an extra attack for charging. And it also specifies that only power-armored GKs get to use the rule. You can come up with any rationalization you like about why GKs in terminator armour don't get True Grit, but the "bulkiness" one is as good as any. The codex talks about the special training that GKs in terminator armour have that allows them to take an extra CC attack, which implies that properly using terminator armour requires special training, and that it has nothing to do with how many weapons you have equipped.

75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah well its not a matter of weither it will only take 1 round to kill the enemy its a matter of the fact that their better than power armoured knights so they should have everything knights have plus more.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts