Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering how you other nid players fair aginst other armies. I'm not talking about Nids as a Whole but your individual army.

I use a very well rounded army i've heard. I use about 4 MC all for shooting, about 11 warriors half CC and half shooting. My little bugs are around 24 genestealsers, 15 Termiguants, and 16 hormoguants, along with 7 winged rippers and 2 zoanathropes.

My army is great aginst Space Marines armies. Be it SMs, CSMs, or DHs. It's strengh seems to be that I have alot scuttlers and fast units. I usualy out number the SM player so much that they can't kill stuff fast enough till i'm in CC and shooting off the unengaged units. I have removed armies from the board this way

My armies worst game was the one time i played necrons. I could not kill a thing. The whole game i killed about a squad of warriors. It was because of two Res orbs that i was not ready to deal with.

Aganst Eldar and Sisters it is a close game, but have won both times through luck.

IG and Tau also gives me problems becaus of the high amount of shoots that eventualy widdle down my numbers till i do not out number my opponent any more and am shoot to pieces no matter how many guardsmen i kill.

have never played Orks, or Dark Eldar.

Please post how your armies do verse each army and why you think so.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I just charge :)...Lots of Hormagaunts, supported by 9 warriors followed by stealers gives some pounding. I also use 3 Zoanthropes for Warp Blast and Psychic Scream, which is extremely helpful. Only MCs I use are CC Carnifex and a Flyrant. I still don't understand, why people complain about CC fex, cause so far in my games he was one of the most deadly units. Generally my strategy is really simple. I don't care about the objectives, I just annihilate my enemy;). The result is I win 50% of the games, which is ok.

·
Charitably Tables People
1,500 Posts
The only thing I've ever had any trouble against is this list:

2 monoliths
deceiver
20 necron warriors
16 necron immortals (2 squads)
16 scarab swarms (2 squads)
res orb / veil of darkness lord

In cityfight games, or games in general. Two monoliths for gauss flux arcs on all my unit selections / teleporting guys to give them re-rolled WBB, and a deceiver to threaten my monstrous creatures very effectively. Took me a while to brainstorm out that the way to kill the Deceiver in tight quarters no line of fire type games was to string 2 squads of spinegaunts out around him, then charge him with 6 raveners. Can't fall back.

I deal with most armies pretty easily. Folks at the local GW theorycrafted that a tourney-style Mech Eldar list would give me fits, but then I played one this weekend and wiped him off the board.

I tend to think 'Nids are the pinnacle of "balanced army," in that they are not totally corkscrewed by any one army type. Long as you play well, you'll be g2g.

·
Mau'Dib
499 Posts
My list is really really stealer heavy. (basically I bring 2 sniperfexes with defensives, 3 zoans, a flying CC tyrant, 10-16 hormigaunts and genestealers with EC to fill out the list to 1500-1750 points)

I preform best against Marines of pretty much every variety. Greyknights can give me trouble and super speeder heavy armies can give me trouble (although I've taken to bringing in a dakka fex to drop those suckers.) but as a general rule I can rip my way through marines.

My biggest trouble comes from mech eldar. It is just too hard to pin the little panzies down. I don't have the mass firepower to really bust up many skimmers and the number of shots they can put out in one turn really hampers my ability to charge. Combine that with the fact that genestealers are serious overkill for these guys and you've got a bad matchup for me.

I haven't played new orks, and I've only done 1 game against new chaos so it's possible they'll give me trouble. Necrons are fairly easy (just play a game or two of avoid the monolith, or even better, bait the monolith and you can phase them out easily enough) Mech tau are a pain but beatable, I cut through static tau even more easily than marines. IG can give me almost as much trouble as eldar depending on the loadout they bring. Infantry IG with 5-6 Lascanons and 5-6 HBs with hellhounds and an HB Lemon Russ can really ruin my day, but more than that of anything and I can usually pull it out.

·
815 Posts
Hmmm, lets see. The only thing I've had trouble with was one game vs. gunline of space marines and IG on a totally empty board. (they insisted on no cover.) All they did the whole game was sit on their board edge and shoot. Still my side won as we actually got the objective of the game. 8X

·
Registered
19 Posts
I've only had a few games with my Nid army, and I can say that I have had some pretty interesting match ups (although I must be honest and say that I have lost over half of them..).

I do fairly well against Marines, but I have still not been able to come up with a definite method to beat the new orks. The Necron player that I usually face has NEVER used more than one monolith....and boy am I ever happy about that!

Also, I have yet play IG....although I am trying to schedule a match in the upcoming month with him..so I'll keep ya posted. ;Y

·
1,256 Posts
My nids rule the day with my playing group (Necrons, Orks, Chaos, Space wolves). Everyone hates vehicles so they tend not to be fielded.

My list at 1500 points:

Flyrant with scyths
32 genestealers (4 broods)
32 Gargolyes (2 broods)
2 devil/vencannon tyrants
2 devil tyrants (one with sinebanks)
sometimes I drop the vencannons for devourers and ravenors. I don't take EC on anything (because I think it is a little too overpowering).

I have experimented with shooty warriors and a devil tyrant instead of a fex, but am working on the shift, I have not made it yet.

Only list to really hurt me was a new Chaos list with the lash of torment that kept my genestealers out of combat and obliterators to blast down my Biggies, Inferno bolts also helped with that, and their invulnerable save made them tough. Assault 2/heavy 3 bolters also presented a problem. His list was tailored to mine, and I was not allowed to make adjustments...he wanted to see if the Nids could ever lose without some kind of dice fluke.

·
Blood Axe
526 Posts
This list confuses me. How do you have 5 HQs? To take a 2nd force organization chart I thought you had to have a full chart to begin with, and I also thought that there was some sort of points minimum before you could have a 2nd (or 3rd) chart, and was pretty confident that this is more than 1500 points.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I think nichodemus10 has got his tyrants and his fexes mixed up ;)

·
1,256 Posts
I think nichodemus10 has got his tyrants and his fexes mixed up ;)

Good call, I just switched from using 2 devil fexes to using 1 devil fex with spinebanks, and one devil tyrant. And the first mistake is pretty inexcusable...they are and will always be fexes (though sometimes they have barbed stranglers instead of devourers).

·
Registered
534 Posts
How I played my nids (more focussed at playing GK at the moment), frightens most people I play with. 2 Gunfexes, to silence heavy artilery which are able to take out huge numbers quickely. Hormies & Gargoyles to snare units and block LOS. Gaunts for getting objectives and snaring too, and just to attract hits ;)
2 units of stealers and 5 rav's for Rend and Tear Carnage, and a Flying HT with Sword&whip and Scream to deal with dangerous CC units, like Korn Beserkers and the like.

As you can see, I haven't lost a match so far, but I have to admit I haven't played Nids for almost a year by now. Im trying to find out what kind of DH army works for me. :C

1 - 12 of 12 Posts