Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I 'm playing 1000 point battle against tau and csm and i need a bodyguard that will accompany asurmen, fit in a falcon, and be able to take out aunshi and ahriman. Please help, as i haven't decided on what to take, so which is better for this battle? :huh:

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
i would go for banshees because if u go after the csm, then yur fine and if u go after tau with them thats ok too.

banshees cut though that power armor like nothing and you can still do damage to tau, i say go for banshees.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks! :D will they be able to take on a sustained assasult from csm, banshhes only have a 4+ save.. :ph34r:

·
Registered
41 Posts
I would actually take Fire Dragons - cause as soon as you get close to those enemy characters - you'll more then likely die in Assault - well your banshees will at leasts. So its a good idea to fill up the enemy with ap1-2 shots before attacking.

But then again - if your playing new vehicle rules - I would suggest dropping Asurman, and takeing a 5 man Fire Dragon squad plus exarch with a fire pike - a strength 9 bs5 shot is nothing to laugh at. It'll kill most characters out right.

Thrawn

- semper fi -

·
Keeper of Records and Ale
10,982 Posts
I'd go for scorpions, coz of armour. They have a much better chance of surviving an sustained assult. Also they get that extra attack from the manidblasters, it might not seem like much but there is the chance that the enemy might fail their save. If you give the exarch scorpion's claw and crushing blow that's +1 A and S9 or the biting blade and crushing blow +1A & S and +1A for every wound scored. For me the S3 and low Sv of the banshees isn't enough to make them that good, all though the exach with executioner could work.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks everyone! but i have to take asurmen as it's part of the scenario.....

·
Registered
182 Posts
lol, i suppose that means take dire avengers, and give the exarch as many upgrades as possible to boost his strength and allow him to support asurmen.

the dire swords could kill the character out right, if your lucky, and with 5 other dire avengers to soak up the wounds

·
Registered
33 Posts
Banshees because of the initiative 10 in the first round. If you arent up against hoards you will completly anilate one squad in one shot and consilidate into the next one.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.